Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send excel file as a mail attachment without using XML formatting and OLE concepts.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts ..

Please help me out getting an idea in this issue .Currently we are using a XM formatting to send mail with an excel attachment ( with formats like fonts and colors used in that ) .

The issue is its size is big when we compare with normal Excel file,I mean If I copy and paste the excel attachment in mail to a normal excel file the size is reduced from 7 MB to 500 KB.

To reduce this memory I have an requirement to send an excel as attachment in mail with proper formatting but not using XML . The size issue is coming because of this XML format.

Please is there any solution to send a mail with EXCEL attachment with proper formatting but without using OLE concept and XML .

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

The difference in size is probably due to the XLSX compression (XLSX is XML zipped). You have many answers in the forum how to do XLSX.

abo
Active Contributor

Indeed, there's even a complete example for the very same problem!