Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set screen field properties (Responds to double click) dynamically in code

0 Kudos

Hello team,

is there any way to change this property dynamically through code.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello ananthum007

I don't think it is possible. The field attributes that can be modified dynamically are defined in the SCREEN structure. Response to double click is not there.

But why would you need to modify that? Instead simply activate that attribute in the screen painter and if you don't want to respond to a double click, simply ignore it. This way you don't need to deactive the attribute dynamically.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

5 REPLIES 5

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello ananthum007

I don't think it is possible. The field attributes that can be modified dynamically are defined in the SCREEN structure. Response to double click is not there.

But why would you need to modify that? Instead simply activate that attribute in the screen painter and if you don't want to respond to a double click, simply ignore it. This way you don't need to deactive the attribute dynamically.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee

Actually i want to disable that Feild as a link dynamically because based on some conditions only the text field should act as a link. Otherwise, it should only be displayed as a normal text field.

ananthum007 As I said, I do not think it is possible to manipulate "Responds to double-click" attribute. So you need to have it active irrespective if the text acts as a link or not. But you can dynamically set the INTENSIFIED attribute. So how about, if a text field acts as a link you intensify the field and react to double-click appropriately. If the field is displayed as a normal text, you don't intensify it and ignore double-clicks.

ananthum007 If really you need it (dynpro screens are ugly anyway), you may define 2 different fields in 2 lines, first one with "Responds to double-click" activated, second one deactivated, but display only one of the two lines via SCREEN-ACTIVE (also dynpro should have its compression mode activated).

A workaround to dynamic "Responds to double-click" is e.g. adding an icon button, and make it active or inactive.

0 Kudos

Thank you sandra.rossi