Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload data from excel with many worksheet to table and show traffic light using alv

0 Kudos

I want to upload an excel file containing many worksheets to table and then show traffic light if record is present in the row of excel. Also help how to separate sub headings within the excel. Different worksheet records starts with different row and each row contains customer details for example transaction details but after some rows there is subheading of another customer and that customer contains its transaction details. Hope you understand my question. Please help me fix this.

5 REPLIES 5

abo
Active Contributor

sounds like you should check out abap2xlsx which comes with many demos

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand the raw requirement, but not what the specific question is.

0 Kudos

So here is the requirement.
This excel file contains many sheets.

I need to upload data of all the sheets to a custom table and display all the records from the excel file using ALV display.
If record is successfully saved display record using green light else red light.
For example in the excel image above in line number 4, 6, 10 and 12 record is not present so there we have to display red traffic light and in other line record is present so there it will show green light.
Also start reading of records after the payno date and message i.e after line number 3.

Output will be something like this.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, again, what is the specific question?

0 Kudos

My question is how do i upload this excel file(with multiple sheets) to a custom table containing all the fields made by me and then show the records uploaded in alv display so that wherever record is present show green traffic light and where ever record is not present show red traffic light. For example in line number 7 the record has payment number, date and message so in alv display make it as green light and in line number 10 the record is blank so make it red traffic light in alv display