Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive objects with exclamation mark can not be activated or deleted

former_member184158
Active Contributor

Hallo Experts,

I have a problem, I can not active it  because it does not exist !!

so there is a program Z_!G_test233 in local object as inactive.

I have tried to active or to delete it, I get a message " Program Z_!G_test233 not found"

Message no. ED524

So nobody can create a program with Exclamation mark, so how has happend?.

I have tried with transaction snote, and a program RS_WORKING_AREA_CONSISTENCE, and I got    "No inconsistent objects found" .

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

The question is: How were you be able to create a program name with special character ! ? Probably some lost activities Anyway.. In R2 exclamation Mark was considered as space and R/3 inherited from R2 so R3 still considers "!" as space that's why you don't find this value...

As we're talking about a local object you could try to change its name manually in TADIR or better you'll have to wait for a copy system from test to development or something like this...

Hope to help

Bye

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ibrahim,

Please check whether the Program exists in TRDIR table. If the entry exists in the table then try to delete the entry from the table or change the name of the Program in the table( Remove the exclamatory sign from the Program name).

Thanks

H.Anuvarshini

0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Can you try renaming it first and then activating/deleting it?

0 Kudos

Hi Anuvarshini,

the Z_!G_test233  does not exist when I rename it , any action what I do, it comes a message,

Z_!G_test233  does not exist

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

The question is: How were you be able to create a program name with special character ! ? Probably some lost activities Anyway.. In R2 exclamation Mark was considered as space and R/3 inherited from R2 so R3 still considers "!" as space that's why you don't find this value...

As we're talking about a local object you could try to change its name manually in TADIR or better you'll have to wait for a copy system from test to development or something like this...

Hope to help

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto Vacca,

thank you for reply, but the program does not exist in TADIR. The program is in local object  under $TMP.

As you see, there is active object and an inactive object, the inactive object does not exist. this is the problem !!!!

So another suggestion please!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I just managed to get rid of one of mine such orphaned temporary "objects" entries (for CUA status of a program) by executing function module RS_INACTIVE_OBJECTS_LIST and attempting to activate it from there. System displayed Workbench prompt for development class, I just clicked <local object>. In my case, the original object was already properly deleted.

You should be able to verify in SE80 whether the underlying program still exists, by entering wildcard instead of ! when searching for program - Z_*G_test223.

cheers

Janis

Edit in: Mark the entry and press activate in the list:

You should be prompted to enter development class, choose Local object:

It cleared away the entry for me. I believe there is no development object behind the entry, so deleting DWINACTIV might also be an option.

Message was edited by: Jānis B

0 Kudos

Hi..

All programs (active or inactive) are in TADIR table.

Probably you'll find a flag in CPROJECT field like "L" that means  -> look in TTADIR (buffered).

If you create a local program.. and you don't activate it .. and you modify and launch it, you'll see your program name in the header with a exclamation mark at the beginning. That means your program is buffered..-..

Anyway... try also from SE80-> All Inactive Objects -> Right Click and activate... or try to modify a local program and in the activation moment you should see the window with all inactive program listed. Try to select and activate Z_!G_test233.. Force if necessary.

Hope to help

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi.

yes you are right, it exists in TADIR, but it is not easy to change the program name from Table TADIR it is protected, if I create a program to change it, is there any effect on SAP?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi...

It's not a correct procedure to access TADIR data... but in case of need and if you know what you're doing you can do it...

Well there's a trick to change data manually and puntually in TADIR but I suggest you to try this function module before RS_RENAME_PROGRAM... Give DEVCLASS $TMP, program (your new NAME) and source program Z_!G_test233,.

Try and let know.

Hope to help

Bye

julia_conradt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello - no solution found here?

we are facing the same problem...

Thanks