Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCLUDE Error ABAP

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I added Editing Authority in a field of a program in abap within the INCLUDE part. I added my code but when i check it i receive this red error:

The REPORT/PROGRAM statement is missing, or the program type is INCLUDE.

Include XYZ.

But inspite of it i activate and run it the field can be editable now. Should i transport my request inspite of the red error.

Regards.

8 REPLIES 8

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

This error is due to the local check. In the menu you could do a global check (of the main program). This is not a program error, you could transport it

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

frdric.girod

So when i chech the INCLUDE part i receive a red error that i mentioned above, but i chech the main program i receive no error. So which means that i can ignore the red error in the INCLUDE part?

And one more question. While i was searching the error message somewhere i found that activate the Function module or function group is required. When i was cheching Function Modules in SE37 i tried to activate an unrelated function module and it required a request then i saved it into my request. But i didnt added anything to the function module. Just activated and saved into my request.

May it create a problem while i transport my request as it contains an unrelated thing within my request(which is an activated unrelated function module)

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

for the include, you have understood, include could not really check alone.

for the FM, this is a good question, I don't know why it works like that. Maybe horst.keller could help you.

(but you will have no problem to import it, just maybe the problem of locking the object in a TR for nothing)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If actually you didn't change anything in the function module, delete it from the transport request.

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi

I transported it to the QA system with the untouched function module. (Under my request there are 2 things:

1. My main purpose adding a new line to the INCLUDE part

2. I just activated a function module and had to add it to my request as it required from me to activate it.

I mean that function module under my request was just testing. Apart from activating i didnt touch anything)

May it broke something? I have hesitates before transport it to the SEP.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

If nothing was changed, there shouldn't be any problem transporting the exact same object, I think. I hope you understood what is the difference of activating one include versus the main program/all its includes.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe as a function module is a generated code, when you activate SAP generate a new version & need to transport it because it consider as a change.

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi frdric.girod

Thank you both!