Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Regarding SAP SFTP Server Access and Data Transfer Implementation

Vivekpachupate
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We are faced with a critical business requirement that involves the daily transfer of data into our SAP system. Due to the data's significance and sensitivity, the business recommends adopting the SFTP service as the optimal solution to effectively address security concerns.

As per the proposed approach, data will be securely transferred from the Business App server to another server using the SFTP service. It's essential to emphasize that, due to security considerations, we are excluding the use of an FTP server.

Considering our system landscape resides on Rise with SAP Private Cloud, I have a series of inquiries regarding SAP SFTP server access:

• Is it necessary to create an SFTP account within SAP to enable the required access?
  • Once the SFTP account is established, can we coordinate with the Business Network Team to directly transmit files into SAP AL11 folders?
  • If the above approach is viable, who will be responsible for furnishing the server details for both the UAT and Production environments to the Business Network Team? Accurate server details are paramount for the precise delivery of files into the AL11 Application folders in SAP, where the Data directories are located.

Furthermore, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share the comprehensive prerequisites and essential checks essential to ensure the seamless execution of the aforementioned points.

Finally, concerning the creation of an SFTP Account, could you kindly clarify if this service incurs any charges?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Vivek

1 REPLY 1

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Concerning

• "the business recommends adopting the SFTP service as the optimal solution to effectively address security concerns."

I'm always surprised that the technical recommendations come from non-technical people... Scary unsecured world... LOL