Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to call a SAP Query Transaction from another report and import to it the data?

wesley_nz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a transaction that calls 'START_REPORT' and runs a SAP Query (type AQ) and generates some data.

I need to create another report. One step has to do exactly what the SAP Query report does. So far I'm thinking of calling the query report and exporting the generated data to the new Z report I'm working on. Is it possible? Otherwise I appreciate all your thoughts and tips.

3 REPLIES 3

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Did you try to use FM RSAQ_QUERY_CALL or RSAQ_REMOTE_QUERY_CALL to execute the query, there is an option to export result to memory (actually an exported parameter of type ref to).

0 Kudos

It worked perfectly using FM RSAQ_QUERY_CALL

The program SAP_QUERY_DEMO_TRANSFER_1 gave me good examples on how to use it properly. Thank you for suggesting me the FM.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has been already asked and answered many times in the forum, with all details.