Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Receiver Type field in SWE2 mandatory when using Class-Method based event handlers?

shahbhat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See the below SWE2 config for ISUPARTNER BO, we are handling the event in a method within a custom class and it's triggering without any issues even with Receiver Type left as blank except for the following scenario:

"In the Service Cloud, a move out is triggered by adding a new address, flow comes to ISU-ECC, the new address for the BP gets updated in the ISU side but the delta replication doesn't get triggered to send the updated address back to Service Cloud to be replicated in BP."

I am not even sure what should we put in the Receiver Type field for this if we have to.

6 REPLIES 6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it works as desired, may I know why you are asking?

shahbhat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi It's not working in one scenario and we have an open OSS incident with SAP for the same, they came back and said, the Receiver Type should be populated without giving any other info as to what the value should be for the Receiver Type, here is the scenario:

"In the Service Cloud, a move out is triggered by adding a new address, flow comes to ISU-ECC, the new address for the BP gets updated in the ISU side but the delta replication doesn't get triggered to send the updated address back to Service Cloud to be replicated in BP."

As a workaround, we have written a custom code(basically calling the standard delta replication report from the BADI) to make it work until we find the root cause as to why this program doesn't get triggered from the Change Event config in SWE2.

We have responded to SAP with the same and awaiting their response. In the meantime, I wanted to ask this question to understand the purpose of the Receiver Type field when using class/method to handle the events.

I have gone through the code in a debugger and didn't find any reference to the Receiver Type.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then your question is not that clear, quoting you: "it's triggering without any issues even with Receiver Type left as blank".

So, SAP said it's mandatory. If you indicate DUMMY (or whatever), does it work now?

If not, as you are talking about "standard delta replication report from the BADI [...] Change Event config", please add all the details to your question (or ask a new one if you prefer).

shahbhat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi I have edited my question to include the one scenario where it's not working, thanks for pointing that out. However, I am not asking here to resolve or find the root cause of this scenario, the question I am asking is whether it's mandatory to have this field populated when using class methods as event handlers, if someone has any documentation or experience with the same and can share, that would be much appreciated.

If I find something on the same or from SAP, I would update here as well.

Thanks

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Generally speaking, the receiver type is like a configurable argument which is passed to the receiver function module or method e.g. it can be the workflow ID if the receiver is the workflow function module SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT.

The receiver type can be empty if you indicate a receiver function module or method which doesn't use this field.

touzik_itc
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Many event hanldler can be defined for some event, for instantce ISUPARTNER - CHANGE. The receiver type is set by BI_EVENT_HANDLER_STATIC=>ON_EVENT( ) call. It is some arbitrary constant, known to an event handler, to distiguish different events. For instance, there is one handler for name changes and one for address changes.