Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with storing a negative value in custom table -Quantity field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP guru's,

I have a custom table having quantity field which will store only positive value,but the table updated negative value (9,000-) for quantity field via a z-program .

When i change the quantity value to positive from negative by /H debugger in SE11 ,it is changed to positive value,But after few hours-the custom table -Quantity field is storing old negative value and When i check in SM30 for the same record system is getting Dump due to negative value.

Could you please some one help ,how to resolve this issue?

Please note ,for the custom table i do not have any log data changes checked in settings.

8 REPLIES 8

Muthu_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What data element are you using? Is domain accepts negative value ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used data type : QUAN , Length 13 Decimals 3

Thanks.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please REPLY to comments, rather than add an answer.

Matt Billingham - SAP Community Moderator.

0 Kudos

Hi Shivaraj,

Kindly check your domain, in the definition tab sign checkbox is selected or not, which allows negative values.

Thanks a lot

Muthu

0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I checked the domain, there is no sign option checked .

Thank you.

matt
Active Contributor

Values do not change randomly in database tables. Some process must be running to change the value. Changing the value via debug is the wrong thing to do. Find out what is writing that value, and fix the program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Yes, there is no other program which is updating the value .

When i go to SM30 and display the record -it is dumping.

In z-table it is directly changing the value from positive to negative.

Not sure ,how can it happen?.Please advise?

Thanks a lot.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Values do not change randomly in database tables. Some process must be running to change the value.

Put an SQL trace on just that table using ST05 to find out what that process is. If the someone is naughtily updating the Z table from outside of SAP, then you'll need help from a DBA.