Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcut for "Open with SAP GUI" in ADT Eclipse

Hello everyone!

Is there a possibility to define a keyboard shortcut for opening current object in Editor od ADT Eclipse in the SAP GUI Window? (I mean the action from context menu, see the screenshot).

It would be very helpful to have it.

Thank you in advance!

Ondrej Seman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dominik_ee
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can define a Shortcut yourself:
Open the preferences of eclipse (Windows -> Preferences) and Navigate to General->Keys. At the top there is an input search filter. Search for "Open SAP GUI for Object". Select the entry Click into the Binding Field at the bottom. You can now define your own Shortcut for this action. Apply and Close the Preferences. When working with an Object you can now use your custom defined shortcut to open the object in SAP GUI.

5 REPLIES 5

wolfgang_woehrle
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ondrej Seman,

I think there is no shortcut available for this use case.

If there was one, it would be displayed in the menu from your screenshot.

To get an overview of the most relevant ADT shortcuts, please see here our list.

Note: The availability of the shortcuts depends on the user interface area you are currently working.

Choose "Ctrl + Shift + L" to open a list that displays the area-specific keyboard shortcuts.

You can display a list of all available keyboard shortcuts from the menu bar ( Windows > Preferences General Keys).

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

thank you for the information, I have read the list and I know about the "Ctrl + Shift + L" shortcut in Eclipse, where I searched for this command prior to asking this question, but was not sure, if it doesn't exist, or I have missed it.

As it was now confirmed by you, that there is no possibility to assign a shortcut for this, could you consider adding it in next release of ADT?

I guess such a new shortcut is not a big deal?

Or would it be possible to create own Eclipse plugin, where it would be possible to configure shortcuts for existing menu actions?

I may be willing then to write such a plugin.

Thank you in advance!

Ondrej Seman

0 Kudos

While there is no standard shortcut, you may define one yourself in the preferences of eclipse.

dominik_ee
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can define a Shortcut yourself:
Open the preferences of eclipse (Windows -> Preferences) and Navigate to General->Keys. At the top there is an input search filter. Search for "Open SAP GUI for Object". Select the entry Click into the Binding Field at the bottom. You can now define your own Shortcut for this action. Apply and Close the Preferences. When working with an Object you can now use your custom defined shortcut to open the object in SAP GUI.

Thank you!

I have actually tried this earlier, but had a conflict with other key binding., which I missed. But with confidence you gave, that it has to work I played with it and now it works!

Thank you again, I'm really happy about this 🙂

O.