Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify / Enhance RBDMIDOC

Hello Experts,

We are running this report to send master HR data from SAP to a cloud system. The report is working fine currently but it's sending 1 idoc per 200 employees. This is creating issues for us as if suppose one employee has some data issue then the whole idoc containing 200 reocrds will fail to reach end system from middleware (SAP PO). Could you please suggest a way to enhance / modify this standard report to send 1 employee per idoc so that we can curb out this problem?

Regards,

RS.

14 REPLIES 14

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

You do not have to modify this program, you have to update the customizing through WE20 transaction (check the Immediat sending option)

0 Kudos

Hi Fredric,

Well I have just tried this and it didn't worked for me. The thing happening is if I have lets suppose changes in 6 employee records - for which change pointers are created. then I run this report putting up the massage type - what happens is those 6 changed employee records gets collected in one single idoc, whereas I want data of those 6 employees to get collected as 1 employee per idoc meaning a unique idoc should be created for a unique employee.

Could you please suggest something on this?

Thanks as always,

RS.

Hi Rahul,

as sandra.rossi asked, could you please post a screenshot of your WE20 screen ?

0 Kudos

Hi Fredric,

Well I have just tried this and it didn't worked for me. The thing happening is if I have lets suppose changes in 6 employee records - for which change pointers are created. then I run this report putting up the massage type - what happens is those 6 changed employee records gets collected in one single idoc, whereas I want data of those 6 employees to get collected as 1 employee per idoc meaning a unique idoc should be created for a unique employee.

Could you please suggest something on this?

Thanks as always,

RS.

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area. At the same time, the person will be informed of your comment (currently not).

0 Kudos

Can you share a screenshot of your WE20 customizing?

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Attached is the screenshot. Let me know your views on this.

we20-outbound-parameters.png

0 Kudos

Why didn't you check Transf. Idoc Immediatly ?

and it is true, you have set packet size to 1. I am surprise by the system response on this

Nicolas
Active Contributor

Hello,

To change the number of HR objects included in an iDoc, you have to maintain value corresponding to group name = ALE and semantic abbrevation = BSIZE in table T77S0. Please review note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2000905 for more information.

However, note mentions that

"The recommendation is therefore to keep with standard value of 200 because big differences would probably not be totally expected in the standard design, potentially causing performance issues."

Regards,

It's even worse, because the OP uses the message type HRMD_A_CFS which is processed by the function module COD_EMP_GROSS_REPL_WITH_CP (see in transaction code BD60), which creates packages of size 200, hard coded (what I see in my S/4HANA 1709 version). Eventually, a ticket may be opened at SAP support.

The notes you mention may apply for instance to the message types HRMD_A, HRMD_ABA, HRMD_B which use the function module MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_HRMD, which creates package sizes defined in "group name = ALE and semantic abbrevation = BSIZE in table T77S0" as you indicate (mentioned in notes 305688 - HR-CA-ALE: many HRMD_A IDocs with status 52 and 2000905 - Performance with HRMD idocs. General troubleshooting guide.

Nicolas
Active Contributor

Indeed, you are right. I did not saw his screenshot... Thank you for your investigation 🙂

0 Kudos

Hello Sandra Rossi,

Did you mean it is possible to do thi by raising an SAP support ticket and getting the hard coded value changed from 200 to 1 in the function module - COD_EMP_GROSS_REPL_WITH_CP so that one idoc can be generated for 1 employee?

Kindly let me know.

regards,

Rahul.

0 Kudos

Maybe SAP would agree to make the program read the customizing instead of hardcoding the value. You can't know if you don't try.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(moving your screenshot closer to the question)