Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a SAP Trial Server on my pc to practice ABAP programming. What is the best option?

mcgunarathna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are lot of options to choose from on the below download page https://developers.sap.com/trials-downloads.html

Can you pls help me to choose the best option to practice ABAP? I have enough memory and disk space. Would love to have the experience of a real sap development server.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

abo
Active Contributor

Please edit the questions instead of deleting them!

dukejib5
Participant

Hi mcgunarathna2

Download SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Developer Edition 7.52 SP04 for your ABAP practice.

0 Kudos

Ok! I will download it today and install. Thanks for the help. 🙂

mcgunarathna2

Follow this wonderful tutorial for easily installing Developer Edition

Make sure, you have 80-100 GB space available in your virtual machine as well.

0 Kudos

I will. Thanks for the wonderful help. I'm sure I'll be bothering you again on this. 🙂

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

If you don't know what to download, I wonder how you know that you "have enough memory and disk space".

Also, you say that you "need a server on your PC", are you clear about the difference between an ABAP Cloud trial and ABAP version on your PC? Are you sure about which kind of "ABAP programming" you want?

ABAP 7.52 SP4 is good to start with ABAP programming, without connection to internet and without the things related to Cloud/RAP.

mcgunarathna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks for helping. I will try that out.

mcgunarathna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm starting from scratch. However I have picked up some points here and there. 🙂 Your support is a lot for me as it help met pick this up faster. Thanks a lot for that.