Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object transportation

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

We have 3 systems.

1-S4D (Development system. Where we write the code.)

2-S4C (Test System. Where we test the code)

3-S4P (Live System. Where SAP is used by users.)

I want to move the methods in the ZCL_PP_UTIL class in S4D. To do this, I right-click on the 'Object Name' and throw the object directly into the request. In this case, don't I also move the methods of the class? To move the methods of the class, do I need to add the methods one by one into the request?
There are methods within the Methods inside the ZCL_PP_UTIL object. When I move the object, do these methods also move?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello yalcin.mete

Your transport will transfer the entire class, with all its elements, i.e. methods, attributes, properties etc.

However, you don't need to manually assign objects to transport requests. You could've just modified the class, the system would've asked for a transport request and entered transport objects to the request automatically.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

16 REPLIES 16

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello yalcin.mete

Your transport will transfer the entire class, with all its elements, i.e. methods, attributes, properties etc.

However, you don't need to manually assign objects to transport requests. You could've just modified the class, the system would've asked for a transport request and entered transport objects to the request automatically.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

Hello 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee

Transports are not transported with all their elements. For example, I cannot see individual methods in the moved request. (In the example above, I did not throw the object (ZCL_UTIL_CLASS) directly into the request, I threw it into two method requests one by one)

yalcin.mete "Former Member"? LOL we don't all see the same thing / bug in SAP Community?

0 Kudos

sandra.rossi Good catch! SAP Community migrates to a new platform. Thus no one will bother with fixing this problem. Hopefully the new platform will solve that.

0 Kudos

When you select the first one, it shows as "Former Member".
Sorry.

0 Kudos

yalcin.mete I guess that is a side effect of SAP Community accounts consolidation.

0 Kudos

yalcin.mete

(1) Transfers only the methods specified

(2) Transfers the entire class with all its elements, even if those elements are not explicitly displayed on the above screen.

I created and moved new classes and methods within classes between systems.

You are right. It also moves all child objects.

Since my colleagues work separately for each method of the class (other programmers also work), when I make a change in the class, I have to move the entire class (main object). That's what SAP wants. For example, let's say I created a new method inside the class and when I want to move this method, it asks me to move the main class (main object). But in this case, I either carry the methods that my other friends are working on, or I have to check their methods one by one.

Thank you for your valuable comments and help 🙂

listat
Participant

Hello Yalcin,

If Class is transported for the first time in TR there will be entry R3TR CLAS Class_name. This will bring full class contents to target system. In subsequent TRs only what is changed will be automatically recorded to TR: class definition, private/protected/public sections and methods. You need to record method name to transport only if transportation done not for the first time and change was applied to method. If you use Transport of Copies, you can include full object list from Workbench or Customizing request in se09 -> Include Objects.

Kind regards,

Tatjana

0 Kudos

Yes, I added a new method into the class and it asks me for "R3TR CLAS Class_name" as you said. When I added this to the request I moved, my method was also seen.

The question I'm asking is: Why doesn't all the elements of the class also be included when you add it directly to the request?

In the image above, it shows me all the methods connected to the object and I throw the object into the request.

But I cannot see the methods in the request I sent the object to. (Therefore, the methods will not be moved)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Sorry to repeat the answers, but you don't seem to understand:

This one entry "R3TR CLAS ZZZZ" moves everything contained in the class ZZZZ, methods and so on. You don't have to see them.

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi are you sure?

While carrying, you should not be able to carry things that you cannot see. SAP is a program with many rules. I don't think he will allow this. I think the programmer would want to see what he's carrying.

On the other hand, when I move the methods in the entire class, wouldn't I also move the method that another programmer worked on (maybe he did not complete his work on the method)?

Thanks.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

When you transport a main object (R3TR) every suboblject (LIMU) is also transported

• Examples : Class > Methiods, Class > Attributes, Function Group > Dynpro, Function Group > Function Modules, etc.
  • First time, transport the whole main object, then you could only transport changed sub objects

0 Kudos

You are right. It also moves all child objects.

Since my colleagues work separately for each method of the class (other programmers also work), when I make a change in the class, I have to move the entire class (main object). That's what SAP wants. For example, let's say I created a new method inside the class and when I want to move this method, it asks me to move the main class (main object). But in this case, I either carry the methods that my other friends are working on, or I have to check their methods one by one.

Thanks .

0 Kudos

In fact, if several developers need to work on the same object at the same time, that object is "too big".

• Actually seems you should transport only those static methods after first import,

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos

You are right sandra.rossi

Thank you.