Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull text-symbols from program

ventior
Explorer
0 Kudos

Normally to create a text-symbols I write them down like so:

'TEST'(t00)

and later click on it to pull up the dialog if I want to create a text-symbol.

Is there a way, that, when I am already in the text-element menu to automatically pull all text-elements declared in the program into the menu so I can edit them from the menu later on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello ventior

Display your program and choose menu function Goto->Text Elements All your text symbols and selection texts are there.

You can add all the missing text elements with "Compare Text Symbols" tool from the text elements screen. For instance my test report with text elements is:

REPORT zdttmp.

WRITE 'test1'(001).
WRITE 'test2'(002).

The text elements are not declared yet and the tool can be selected with the marked button:

The tool starts with the screen:

Run it and all missing text symbols will be provided. They can be added with the button marked below:

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

4 REPLIES 4

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello ventior

Display your program and choose menu function Goto->Text Elements All your text symbols and selection texts are there.

You can add all the missing text elements with "Compare Text Symbols" tool from the text elements screen. For instance my test report with text elements is:

REPORT zdttmp.

WRITE 'test1'(001).
WRITE 'test2'(002).

The text elements are not declared yet and the tool can be selected with the marked button:

The tool starts with the screen:

Run it and all missing text symbols will be provided. They can be added with the button marked below:

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

This sadly didn't answer my question. I know about that menu but I want to automatically pull text-elements I declared programatically into this menu, so I can edit them centrally while being able to see the text without having to jump into this menu while programming.

0 Kudos

ventior I didn't get your question right the first time. See my updated answer.

Thanks a lot! That was exactly what I was trying to accomplish!