Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR Code printing value in Dot Matrix Printer

vivekprabhu13
Participant
0 Kudos

capture.jpgHi,

We had a QR code in a smartform which prints fine on a Laser Printer but not on a Dot Matrix. I searched a few posts and found that people were able to print QR Code on dot matrix, they only had issues scanning them. But for me, the QR Code doesn't print at all, instead it prints the value of the QR Code(Image attached).

Is there any setting I am missing ?

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

SAP converts smartform/barcode to one of the many printer languages, but there are so many printer languages. "dot matrix" is not a printer language.

1) What is your exact printer model? (or maybe you know what printer language it is). The printer language is defined in SAP via the "OTF driver" in the device types.

2) Did you assign the right "Device Type" to the printer ("output device" in SAP)? (transaction code SPAD)

For instance, HP Laserjet printers use PCL language (they optionally use other formats like PDF). Other printers may not understand PCL. HP Laserjet don't understand other printer languages. What languages are supported is described in each printer specification (and usually detailed in the printer "programmer's guide").

NB: image not attached

vivekprabhu13
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the suggestions. The printer model is Epson FX-2190.

I will check with the DBA with the config.

I have attached the image now in the original post.

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

Did you got the solution , cause the QR code is getting printed , but not getting scanned . Tried to use difference Device type and selected device type as zepescp , In this case it printed the Value and not he QR code.

If you can share your experience on this .

Regards

Anna

vivekprabhu13
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

We had to replace the Dot Matrix Printer with Laser Printer to avoid all the issues.

Thanks and Regards

Vivek