Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time business scenarios of CDS views/AMDP and Odata

manish_malakar0316
Active Participant

Hi ABAP experts,

I dont have any hands on experience in CDS views/AMDP and Odata services. I do know the technical part by studying the blogs and other tutorials present in the internet. However, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a few real time business scenarios/requirements of the subject topics and how to achieve them technically.

For example:

Business requirement for CDS..............................

How to achieve the above requirement: Enhancement of standard CDS view and calling it in a report.

This way I can get a fair idea of what happens in the real time environment.

@Sandra_Rossi can u provide some examples please ?

Thanks!

Manish

2 REPLIES 2

Koteswara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Usually the real time scenarios would be like creation of sales order/Purchase order/Business Partner etc.

As you have the basic knowledge of Odata/CDS and if you know SAP Fiori as well, You can understand or relate your past done developments with this new terms.

For example in SAP GUI you can create a PO using a tcode but going forward with SAP S/4 HANA you would be using a fiori app which has a CDS view /ODATA tied to the application.

In GUI you will extend the standard functionality of the PO by adding some custom fields etc, I think similar kind of requirement can be achieved by extending the CDS view/odata.

This is just to give you the basic idea but I would recommend to go through the blogs.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Hi Koteswara,

Thanks for your reply. However, I need some business requirement/scenario in the real time so I can understand the concept better. If you have worked on these topics, then please do mention some requirements (end to end) and how it was achieved technically. I havent found any blogs/websites which cater to my question (yet). Only the technical solution is provided.