Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation table for material,plant,warehouse

BrijeshGandhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on Material Masters for Material Extend with the help of 'BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA'.

Now the problem I facing is , if I extend the warehouse view with plant for which it is already maintained, then it identifies it as Material update.

Therefore wanted to find that is the given plant is extended for the warehouse View with the given warehouse number.

(Is there any table for Material Number, plant and warehouse number relationship?)

Thanks,

Brijesh Gandhi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last piece of the puzzle

MARA - client level, keyed on MATNR

MARC - Plant Level, keyed on MATNR and WERKS (plant)

MARD - Storage lcoation level, keyed on MATNR, WERKS and LGORT (storage location)

MLGN - Warehouse view, keyed on MATNR and LGNUM (warehouse number)

MLGT - Storage type view, keyed on MATNR, LGNUM and LGTYP (storage type)

as has already been stated plant and storage location are tied to the warehouse via customizing (T320)

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In table T001L you define storage locations for each plant. These storage locations are assigned to warehouse in table T320. You can have storage locations from multiple plants within one warehouse. So you have to be careful because you can have multiple plants associated with one warehouse. This depends on your config.

for more information refer the below link.

Warehouse Structure in the Warehouse Management System - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Lib...

0 Kudos

Thanks Anish,

I have read the same reply over by Martin Voros.

But this doesn't solve my problem as there is not any values maintained in T320 Table,

0 Kudos

Please check the below link as on how to configure warehouse management.

Warehouse Structure in the Warehouse Management System - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Lib...

or else Please check the below details to maintain warehouse management data.

1)  The Warehouse Number

A single warehouse number is sufficient to manage entire physical warehouse complex in SAP R/3.

IMG >Enterprise Structure > Definition > Logistic Execution > Define, copy, delete, check warehouse number > Copy/delete/check warehouse number

2)  The Storage Location

In order to manage General goods movement process in the warehouse management, we need to create and assign a storage location to warehouse. .

IMG > Enterprise Structure > Definition > Material Management > Maintain Storage Location

3)  The Storage Type

A warehouse number is subdivided into a variety of storage types. A storage type is defined by its physical or organizational features (for example, high rack storage area, bulk storage, and goods receipt areas). It can be defined on the basis of its organization characteristics.

IMG > Logistic Execution > Shipping > Picking > Lean WM > Define Storage type

4)  The Storage Bin

The storage bins indicate the exact position in the warehouse where goods can be stored. Each storage type and storage section consists of a row of storage spaces that are referred to in WMS as storage bins.

IMG > Logistic Execution > Shipping > Picking > Lean WM > Define Storage Bin

5)  The Quant

The quant serves to perform inventory management of a material at the storage bin.

IMG >Logistic Execution > Shipping > Picking > Lean WM > Define Quant

6)  Assigning Warehouse No. to Plant-Storage Locations

By doing so, system can recognize which storage locations in Materials Management are controlled by the Warehouse Management system; you must assign the plants and the storage location to the warehouse number.

IMG--> Enterprise Structure -->Assignment > Logistic Execution > Assign warehouse No. To plant/storage Location

Please do a complete search in as there are many more links that are maintained in SCN.

former_member226225
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh ,

Realation between plant  and warehouse number is : T320.

Relation between plant material and warehouse number is LTBP , LTAP.

Please check the above tables.

I hope this will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghunadh Kodali

0 Kudos

Thanks Raghunadh for your response,

but I am unable to find any entry for specific material in any of that table.

I've also tried debugging MM01 but no luck.

0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Write a query on MARA , MARC & MLGN will give you the details of the material with its plant & it's warehouse number  . Plant & its warehouse is T320.

I hope this will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghunadh Kodali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last piece of the puzzle

MARA - client level, keyed on MATNR

MARC - Plant Level, keyed on MATNR and WERKS (plant)

MARD - Storage lcoation level, keyed on MATNR, WERKS and LGORT (storage location)

MLGN - Warehouse view, keyed on MATNR and LGNUM (warehouse number)

MLGT - Storage type view, keyed on MATNR, LGNUM and LGTYP (storage type)

as has already been stated plant and storage location are tied to the warehouse via customizing (T320)

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

LQUA

BrijeshGandhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help !

What I did was ,

• applied query on MARC ,
  • then on MARD for assigned storage location,
  • based on Plant-Storage Location condition , found respective Warehouse Number.
  • Hence if any entry of that warehouse number is present in MLGN Table , we can say that it has been already extended.

PS : This will not work for Single Plant - Single Storage Location - Multiple Warehouse Relation

i.e.

PlantStorage LocationWarehouse Number
6190GWMS001
6190GWMS002