Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released Request Matter

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I added some new lines to my ALV Report program and saved it as a new request in DEV System. When i wanted to transport it to the QA system via SE09 suddenly it turned out to be "released request". And it is said that it cannot be modifiable. How i can find and transport my request from DEV System to the QA system.

8 REPLIES 8

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"released" means it can be transported. "modifiable" means it cannot be transported.

If you want to change your code, you must create a new transport request (will be modifiable till you release it for next transport).

aoyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try to import the "new request " you created in DEV System to QA system? If the change is not reflected in QA, the change was not saved in that request so you need to create a new transport request with that ALV report program. After that, release the request via SE01/SE09/SE10. Import to QA system and the change should be transported.

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi

aocheng

Thanks .

Without changing anything again, how i can create a new request? I mean i already accept my code and would like to transport it to the QA system. But as my request is in the released status i am not able to transport it. Is there a way to transport my released request to the QA system?

Regards.

aoyang
Contributor

You CAN transport released request. Transport is usually done via Tcode STMS so your request number, if released, should be on the transport queue of your QA system. Transport routes are configured differently amongst projects so ask your basis team to find your request number and import it for you.

If you want to create a new request without changing anything,

1. Simply open your program in edit mode and save/activate then it will ask you a new transport request.

or

2. SE03 -> Include Objects in a Transport Request ->Check on Selected Objects on the 2nd frame-> Check on Program and enter the program name-> Execute->Click "In Request" and choose your request number.

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

I see, it is very kind of you thanks aocheng

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

aocheng

Is it also possible to release my request via SE38 T-code / RDDIT076 Program?

I mean after changing its status R to D am i able to transport it to the QA system?

Best Regards,

aoyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

sumeyye_1634

Yes it is possible to switch back and forth between R(released) and D(Modifiable) with RDDIT076.

You can do all the change you want in D(Modifiable) but only request with R(released) status can be imported to QA. Make sure to release the request before transporting it, whether by RDDIT076 or SE01/SE09/SE10.

sumeyye_1634
Participant
0 Kudos

I transported my request successfully to the QA System thanks!

BUT;

I need to consult one more thing:

Within this request i made these addings:

Added new lines to a program X and added new component to its structure in SE11,

Added new lines to a program Y and added new component to its structure in SE11

Then saved all the changes in the same request number.

But i QA System i found out that i need to fix Program X . So i am confused again about requests.

I mean i am gonna return back to DEV System and fix my Program X and need to go a new structure . I am not gonna change anything in Program Y and its structure.

Do i need to create a new request only for Program X and its new structure?Should i remove the previous change of the previous structure?