Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restful ABAP CDS metadata extension columns

AJeB
Participant
0 Kudos

How to automatically tick all of the check boxes?
after opening the object page, the table is not automatically displaying the records because the columns are not ticked in the settings.

AJeB_1-1713536651876.png

and why the position of all columns is not correct after viewing it in web browser? 
I already added the @UI.lineItem: [{ position: n }] in the metadata extension but its not working

AJeB_0-1713536554691.png

Fiori

AJeB_2-1713537060159.png

5 REPLIES 5

ramniwas04
Explorer
0 Kudos

How to display the fields in the list report page in sequence. How position work respectively.How we can display those fields in the Object page  using the facet below video will help you:- 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66iRYn5fZa0&list=PLqz8SLrkjv2iwPtPRJ4V6zJRfgNrgZKlQ&index=7

SachinArtani
Participant
0 Kudos

If everything is correct, but still, it's not working. It might be cache problem. Try clearing it.

0 Kudos

I found the issue, in my current CDS there are BASIC, COMPOSITE, and CONSUMPTION

in the VBAP CDS, I putted the metadata extension in the VBAP Consumption view. I tried to put the metadata extension in the VBAP Basic view and it fix the issue.

But I don't know why the behavior of two CDS(Basic/Consumption) are different when it comes to metadata, putting the metadata to Basic view is working but if I put it in Consumption view its not working

0 Kudos

In service definition, did you expose BASIC view or CONSUMPTION view?

If Basic view, then metadata will work only on basic view.