Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY and REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY

AJeB
Participant
0 Kudos

HI I am currently using  REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY with layout like this

bolivs22_0-1709191692295.png

now i tried to change the function module to REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY and copied the Import/Export parameters used in REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY but the layout is different 

bolivs22_1-1709191766089.png

How to achieve the layout like in REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY to REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY?

4 REPLIES 4

NTeunckens
Active Contributor

If you need to refactor the code, why not just change from the (obsolete) Function Modules to the Class-based "CL_SALV_TABLE" ALV-grid? SAP-Help SAP ALV : link

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely. It amazes me that people are still using technology that was introduced over 20 years ago - and has been obsolete for more than 15 years!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I agree with Nic. And I also have the question: which good reason do you have to abandon REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY?

0 Kudos

I need to add more text in the top_of_page, but if I add more text in the top_of_page the screen will become like this
80% height for top of page and 20% for the item report list

currently the top_of_page height is not adjustable

so my solution is to change the REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY to REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY  so the height of top_of_page will become adjustable (see image below)

bolivs22_0-1709256458416.png

but my problem is the current design of ALV_LIST , I am not sure if this kind of design is possible in ALV_GRID_DISPLAY

bolivs22_1-1709256698153.png

for this object CL_SALV_TABLE
i did not use this because I will need to do more code changes