Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI - REST (sender) adapter - Configure JSON-Content-Validation for asynchronous scenario

timurc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have the following scenario in SAP Process Integration where I am unfortunately stuck.

Asynchronous processing REST-To-SOAP (JSON -> IDoc)

The problem is as follows.

In the REST sender adapter, I have tried to check whether certain JSON content is available. If not, the response should be an HTTP error 400. Otherwise with 200. In all other cases best with status 500.

Can anyone tell me which properties need to be configured in the REST adapter?

Unfortunately, you can only ever find examples (which probably work) as REST receivers on the Internet.

The "Text-Content" option is omitted as I want to check whether the JSON property is missing.
"XPath expression" - here I should know the respective expressions, but they don't seem to work.
"JSON expression" - what is expected and what is possible? Is this JSONPath? And if so, do I have to load an additional module?

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Many thanks for your advice!

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have the courage to open all 5 screenshots. Why not embedding the screenshots like this? And indicating their meaning?

Sandra_Rossi_0-1706636692191.png

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I simply overlooked the possibility.

It makes reading and replying much easier 😊