Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSCRIPT - NEW-PAGE doesn't work in quality

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a sapscript when I call a new page with the following sentence to pint a different information in this new page:

CALL FUNCTION 'CONTROL_FORM'
EXPORTING
command = 'NEW-PAGE NEXT2'
EXCEPTIONS
unopened = 1
unstarted = 2
OTHERS = 3.

In development environment it works perfectly, however when I transport the modifications to the quality environment it doesn't work. Both SapScripts are identical, so the modifications are transported correctly.

Do yo have any idea what is happened?

Thanks in advanced!

10 REPLIES 10

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the culprit is NOT this command. The data you print is probably different between dev and quality, it's probably the reason. You should debug your program in quality.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

The information in both, dev and quality, are exactly the same.

We change the information in dev with the same information as in quality and in dev the new page is created but in quality no.

Thanks!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyway, you should debug your program in quality.

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are there translations involved? Is the operating language the same in both environments?

Hi Andrea,

Yes, there are translations in different languages in dev all works correctly and in qualitity none of them work.

Thanks!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Difficult to understand.

Are you just repeating that "new page doesn't work", or are you saying that "translations don't work"?

Is it only a problem of new page, or nothing is printed at all?

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my guess, without further info I can't really say, is that the translations are not present and the two modules are running with different languages, one of which does not have that control command in place.

a sapscript debug session would show that quite clearly.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

The NEW-PAGE doesn't work.

I print FIRST -> NEXT -> NEXT2. In quality only print FIRST -> NEXT, the NEW-PAGE NEXT2 is not printed.

Hi Andrea,

I try to print the form in different languages and in all of them I have the same result, that is to say, the page NEXT2 is not printed.

Thanks!

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

debug the sapscript...

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, so the issue is not related to translations.

If you can't find the issue by debug, please provide information about the debug/trace information, about your SAPscript form, and so on.

Either it's a SAP bug

or a difference due to data or different SAPscript form

or a bug in your SAPscript form.

I doubt that it is a SAP bug.

Don't forget that SAPscript is client-dependent (just in case you don't know).