Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary methods in Workflow

former_member564522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a secondary method in a workflow item decision step do call the webdynpro application .

But i am not getting any link into workitem . anyone have idea about it?

6 REPLIES 6

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you're confusing something. A secondary method is something that gets executed automatically in parallel or after the task method, there are no links involved. What are you trying to accomplish?

0 Kudos

I have multiple webdynpro links which is more than 200Characters and have to available on decision step of workflow.

Since workflow has a limit of 72 char and 132 char(in case of HTML hyperlink) it is not possible to work with longer url.

I am following the steps given by jocelyn.dart in the Question below.

https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3884503

Also as mentioned in the blog , secondary method creating a link to access the bor method

https://blogs.sap.com/2007/01/05/support-for-secondary-methods-in-uwl/

note that I am using custom class for the workflow .

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, you definitely misunderstood, but I can see why. What Jocelyn wrote can be misinterpreted. I think what she meant was not a clickable hyperlink, but the task itself becoming a link - so when you execute the task, the secondary methods fire up a browser session. Secondary methods don't appear in the work item.

Can you shorten the URL using an alias?

0 Kudos

We try to shorten the URL with the alias but it maximum reduced to 149 characters as it is taking 2 GUID parameters .

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu, It would also help to give us some more details of your situation ,e.g. which workflow inbox are you using? Is this on Business Suite or S/4HANA or something else? This can make a big difference to what options are available to achieve whatever it is you are trying to do here... and I agree with Mike... I don't think Secondary Methods sounds like a good fit from what you have told us so far.

0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

we are using S/4 Hana system .

is it possible if you can provide details on both business Suite and S/4 Hana.

Regards

Himanshu