Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Where-Used in ADT

Jeansy
Active Contributor

Dear all,

do you also have the same experience that the usage of the where-used-list is much slower in ADT compared to the backend (via classical ABAP Workbench)?

We discuss this currently as well in the DSAG-call related to the ABAP Development Tools together with thomasfiedler .

Kind regards
Jens

6 REPLIES 6

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even more annoying is that it won't work on inactive objects, whereas in GUI it does (EDIT: wrong, see later). Granted, the results might not be accurate in that case, but it's a lot better than nothing most of the time.

michael_gutfleisch
Active Participant

> Even more annoying is that it won't work on inactive objects, whereas in GUI it does
That's not true. Where-used search in ADT is able to find references in inactive versions.

In general inactive versions of classes, programs and function modules for example are considered, while they are not considered for dictionary objects like structure, tables and cds views.In this sense, ADT and SE80 behave identically.

abo
Active Contributor

If the objects are merely inactive, michael.gutfleisch is right: as jzaehringer noted, it is slower but eventually an answers comes.

If the objects are inactive and syntactically incorrect (I added a FIXME string in both files), then the fact that the previously active version had a functioning where-used list is not considered by ADT. To be absolutely fair, neither does SE80.

MatthiasH
Explorer

This ultra slow performance happens to me as well (at least at the first time I execute the Where-Used list). In 7.54 systems as well as in 7.40 systems.

This is why I sometimes open a separate SAP GUI for a Where-Used search, which is really annoying.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

what is the main scenario where you face the slow performance of Where-Used?

Do you search for references of SAP Objects or custom objects?

Regards,

Thomas.

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

this happens in both scenarios.

Kind regards
Jens