Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some one pls give me get_entityset_delta blog link

aravindcsebe
Explorer

some one pls give me get_entityset_delta blog link

• SAP Managed Tags:
4 REPLIES 4

Nitish2027
Participant
0 Kudos

Here you go : Get_Entityset_Delta SAP Blog

Also check out the documentation for it. It might help. Redefining the Get_Entityset_Delta Method

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

i have checked both of them but i could not understand anything can you please tell me things in brief

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

So as explained in the documentation, GET_ENTITYSET_DELTA method is used to retrieve the entity set delta by comparing the current hash values to the hash values of the prior call.

If a data request includes a delta token, the GET_ENTITYSET_DELTA method is called to manage the request. The method returns only those entities that have been created or changed since the token was issued.

"To provide delta-query support, you must implement the <Entity>_GET_ENTITYSET_DELTA method, which is called when a client provides a delta token in a request. A delta token typically includes a date-time stamp and a globally unique identifier (GUID). When a client initially requests an entity set, the entire collection is returned, including a delta token. Clients must persist delta tokens, and pass them on subsequent calls to the GET_ENTITYSET_DELTA method. For changed records, the results include all changed fields, and may optionally contain additional unchanged fields from the record. If no records have been changed since the first request, the response contains no records"

Check this out: How to Implement Basic Delta Query

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Nitish!

I just referred the link above, i came across this.

Call the /IWBEP/CL_QUERY_RESULT_LOG-> CREATE_UPDATE_LOG_ENTRY_HASH method for the delta query functionality by passing local table ET_ENTITYSET containing the business partner entries. Take over the changed objects and store them in local table LT_BUSINESSPARTNER. Similarly, take over the deleted objects and store them in local table LT_DELETED_BUSINESSPARTNER.

In the above stanza it says to Take over the changed objects and store them in local table and take over the deleted objects and store them in local table.

can you please tell me how to take the changed objects and store that in local table.

What to compare and how to compare!

Thanks!

• SAP Managed Tags: