Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard BAPI Function to Retrieve Domain Values?

phil_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there a standard BAPI function that I can call to retrieve fixed values of a domain? For example, our application uses the .NET Connector XBP interface and I can see in the documentation that the "BAPIXMRECIP" structure that has a "REC_TYPE" where the API document says the following are valid values:

B – SAP user name
O – SAPoffice user
P – personal distribution list
C – shared distribution list
F – fax number
U – internet mail

Is there a BAPI function I can call to retrieve those values? This would allow me to get those values and then populate them in a drop down control in our application when calling SAP. I know I can see them from SE11 and looking at the "Value Range" tab but I want to retrieve them programmatically. 

Thanks,

Phil

7 REPLIES 7

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello @phil_s 

You can use read domains fixed values with either DD_DOMVALUES_GET or DDUT_DOMVALUES_GET functions. The former is more offical.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for that suggestion. Do you know if those are available in all instances of S3 & S4/HANA?

Thanks,

Phil

To my knowledge, they are.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

BAPI is not mandatory, you just need any RFC-enabled function module (DD_DOMVALUES_GET and DDUT_DOMVALUES_GET are not RFC-enabled in my 7.40 system), so it has been already answered, you can find it by searching from your Web search engine:

"rfc" "domain" "values" site:sap.com

EDIT: I see other people continue searching, so what you can find:

Sandra_Rossi_1-1713278826135.png

Sandra_Rossi_0-1713278805709.png

DD_DOMA_GET.

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I think what you are looking for are the F4-Help Values. There are remote-enabled BAPIs, which can be used here:

BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET
BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET_SEARCHHELP

Though I am not sure, whether they work for any kind of structure/input fields, or only for BAPI input fields.

Edit: another idea is to use DDIF_DOMA_GET. This function module is not remote enabled, so you would have to create a wrapper (like Z_DDIF_DOMA_GET) and remote-enable it, but it returns exactly the values you need: the "Value Range" of the domain SO_ESCAPE.

0 Kudos

Found RPY_DOMAIN_READ which is RFC enabled and return domain values, can you try?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

That's what I thought too, but alas ☹️, it seems that the recipient structure is not defined as a parameter of any method of the XBPJOB business object (checked with SWO1 transaction) even though it exists in the BAPI FMs signature.