Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard text changes not getting reflected immediately in smartform include text

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have edited a standard text via SO10 in one session. In another session, I have a module pool transaction displaying the same as include text in a smartform. On previewing, the changes saved in the standard text is not reflecting immediately in the module pool smartform. The text is getting reflected in the smartform only after exiting the module pool tcode. What may be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

As long as you don't leave the transaction, the long texts already read wont be read again from database but from an internal buffer

• Look at FM such as GET_TEXT_MEMORY, MEMORY ID 'SAPLSTXD'
6 REPLIES 6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you expected this answer: if you don't save data in one session, you can't see it anywhere else.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

As long as you don't leave the transaction, the long texts already read wont be read again from database but from an internal buffer

• Look at FM such as GET_TEXT_MEMORY, MEMORY ID 'SAPLSTXD'

You could force the refresh with a call of DELETE_TEXT_FROM_CATALOG

0 Kudos

As an alternate solution, I deleted the include text, called READ_TEXT inside the smartform and displayed the lines internal table by looping.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Did you try to restart the printing transaction ?