Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange lines in ABAP activation list

jrgkraus
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I activate an object from SE80, I see - along with the actual object to be activated, the following lines in the activation list:

METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00N
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00O
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00P
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00Q
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00R
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00S
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00T
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00U
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00V
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00W
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00X
METH ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN=========CM00Y

i.e. the type is METH, but the name points to a class include. It is not possible to perform "activate" on these lines. I get the message "operation terminated"

The class ZCL_CS01_BILLING_PLAN is all active.

How can I remove these corrupt entries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrgkraus
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I solved it: The includes above were resides of former methods I had in the class. The methods have been deleted but somehow these entries remained.

Solution: I created 12 dummy methods so the includes were being reused again. I activated the class. Then I deleted the methods again. Now the activation list is clean again.

6 REPLIES 6

horst_keller
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

A class pool is organized in include programs. There is an include program for each method. You see the technical names of the include programs above (as they can be seen in table TRDIR too). When activating a class, of course its include programs are activated too. What's exactly your problem.

PS: To learn more about the organization of a class, use funtion code SHOW_CLIF in the OK field of the class builder and select CLASS POOL there.

0 Kudos

Hello Horst,

The problem is that I can not activate these lines (message when trying: ED118 "operation terminated"). The fact of method include names is clear, but the activation list mustn't display include names in case of object type METH, but the method name, right? However, when looking at the class itself it shows up active - no inactive parts here. IMO these lines are corrupted, but how can I fix this?

horst_keller
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hmm, then it seems to be a kind of a bug. After activating the full class the includes should vanish from the list. For an inactive class, you should be able to activate the individual includes.

0 Kudos

Are you getting any short dumps, you could check the dumps for more details.

jrgkraus
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I solved it: The includes above were resides of former methods I had in the class. The methods have been deleted but somehow these entries remained.

Solution: I created 12 dummy methods so the includes were being reused again. I activated the class. Then I deleted the methods again. Now the activation list is clean again.

horst_keller
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

OK,

Now I see.

In the class builder's menu you find an entry "cleanup includes" or so that does that work for you.