Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change package from $TMP to Z***

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i have created a screen 700 in function group XCN1,which is under CN package. I have created this screen for enhancement CNEX0007 for customizing fields in WBS elements.

The problem is coming when i am saving the screen, its not generating any pop-up window asking for new package or transport request number. it is automatically saving it in $tmp package. Even tried to change the package for that particular screen 700 using SE80 and SE03, but its not changing.

Plz help.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In SE38, enter your program name. Then use the menu option "goto -> object directory entry". Click on "Change", and you can enter the new package. You'll be prompted for a workbench request number also. The same technique can be used to change packages in other objects.

You can also use transaction SE03 (or the tools option from SE09/SE10), but access is sometimes restricted.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi runal,

i have tried going to the option "goto -> object directory entry".

and even clicked 'change', only the 'Person responsible' field is coming in change mode, the package is 'CN' and is in non-editable mode.

Edited by: aditi chakravorty on Mar 27, 2008 12:34 PM

0 Kudos

U cannot change a standard Package ...

Anyway try changing using SE03

Object Directory --> Change Object Directory Entries

0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the program in SE80 editor.

right click the object hirerachy and select

MORE FUNTIONS--->> CHANGE DEVELOPMENT CLASS / PACKAGE

it will allow you to change to new package.

Reward if useful

~Lakshmiraj~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select your Program in SE80 by choosing the local object, Right Click-> Other Functions - > Change Package Assignment and give the Z Package Name.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I right click on the Screen 0700 which we have added, the option 'Other Functions - > Change Package Assignment' is not available. When I try 'Write Transport Entry', I get below error:

XCN1 cannot be included in request/task

Message no. TK301

Diagnosis

"XCN1" is in the package "$TMP".

Packages whose names start with $ are for temporary objects that you do not want to be used productively.

The Transport Organizer does not record objects in this type of package, and you cannot include them in requests or tasks.

Please advise, how to change this screen to a transport.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to ABAP object navigator using se80.

Then select your object , right click on it and goto 'other functions' then change package management, then give the desired package.It will work .

Incase of some objects like LSMW etc you cannot move to the packages , they will be stored as local objects .

Reward points if helpful.

Thanks and Regards.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which package belongs your project (R3TR CMOD) ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was experiencing the same issue as the first post in this thread where I created a screen (0600) for a screen exit and assigned it to $TMP. Using SE80 Does Not Work; when you right click on the screen number, it only gives the option to "Write Transport Entry" which was discussed previously in this thread.

To change the package:

- Go to SE03 -> Change Object Directory Entries

- Put in $TMP in the package

- Expand the Originating System (not SAP) and $TMP

- Double click on the object (mine - R3TR FUGX XCN1) and enter the real package

James

0 Kudos

Today I had this issue. I think this is caused because of system copy.

Fix that I had to use was changing the value DEVCLASS field in TADIR table.

This info I found in some other post, hence thought of sharing.

0 Kudos

Actually the package of function group XCN1 must be CN, and the package of the dynpro 700 should be some Z/Y package.

• You should always create includes and dynpro using transaction CMOD, so system would correctly use the package assigned to the project.
  • Use SE03, the object in custom package should be R3TR FUGX XCN1 and not R3TR FUGS XCN1 (SAP package CN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

Go to SE93 --> Give transaction code --> Go TO --> Object Direct Entry --> change the package here, it will route you to create TR.

-Thanks, RJ.

shekhar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

You could try using /nse38 -> goto -> object directory entry. Simple and fast