Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of #IDENTIFICATION_REFERENCE in CDS UI Annotations

former_member594288
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen these 3 types in UI.facet #FIELDGROUP_REFERENCE, #IDENTIFICATION_REFERENCE and #LINEITEM_REFERENCE. I don't know when we go for #IDENTIFICATION_REFERENCE. Please suggest me.

2 REPLIES 2

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor

If you define fieldgroupds then you can pass that id in UI.Facet with type #FIELDGROUP_REFERENCE.

But if you don't want/have fields groups, then you can use identification annotation, Identification annotation is used to add form fields on the object page.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/cc0c305d2fab47bd808adcad3ca7ee9d/7.5.3/en-US/f8af07bb0770414bb38a25cae29...

In this case, instead of field group reference, you will give identification reference but you don't need to pass any id as there will be only one identification group for one cds view or entity unlike fieldgroups which can be multiple.

PS: Both identification and field groups annotations will generate forms in the object page, but field groups have even better functionality.

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

That means when there is no grouping of fields in the design then we can go for identification_reference or another way to achieve this using fieldgroup_reference with one id. Am i right?