Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gets executed in LUW with COMMIT WORK

0 Kudos

Hi,

A COMMIT WORK in a standard SAP function (RV_INVOICE_REFRESH) causes a short-dump (attempted message to screen during background somewhere), however the short dump does not say where the error occurred (probably not in this function though).

I have "update debugged" selected, but when I execute the line, it immediately short dumps. So I was wondering if there's a list like SM13 in the debugger or somewhere which shows what is going to be executed in the LUW?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Turned out to be a rogue WRITE statement 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I guess you don't have the info just because you're in a very special case.

Are you sure you're not running inside an update task already? (and so, the COMMIT WORK inside the update task fails for sure)

Please provide the exact message, not an approximate one. Also post the short dump as attached file.

NB: it's possible that you also need to activate the system debug inside the update debug if the update function modules/update subroutines which are executed are of type "system" (it's not frequent, but it may happen).

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sandra.

I got the update debug working - uncheck and recheck the Update Debugging flag 😛 It stops in the update task now.
I know COMMIT WORKs are not allowed in update tasks - humm, maybe there's one of those somewhere and that error message is getting supplanted by the "DYNPRO_SEND_IN_BACKGROUND" message?

Thanks for the hint, I will have a look.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You may add breakpoints at statements COMMIT WORK and CALL SCREEN to see where they occur. I can't help more.

Turned out to be a rogue WRITE statement 🙂