Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,380 Comments
mpmclean1
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I am very interested in the digital skills initiative! After many years in HR, I had the opportunity to be part of the team to implement a global SuccessFactors (SF) Recruiting instance and begin mapping out EC. Seeing how these tools could change the HR environment for all users has inspired me to make a mid-life career change and transition to an SAP SF implementation consultant.

I have currently taken the following steps of the SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Learning Journey:

• SFIntro02 (completed)
  • HRSF1 (completed)
  • THR80 (completed)
  • THR83 (in progress)

My goal is to become Recruiting/EC/Onboarding 2.0 certified initially. 

Thank you and regards.

Mike

aabhi2901
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Thanks for spreading the word and encouraging the community to keep learning and growing.

I’ve heard quite a handful of my colleagues in the industry discuss about the new ONB 2.0 module and the various ways it intuitively tries to make it easy for customers to improve their candidate onboarding experience. This has also inturn led to a lot of prospective customers quite intrigued about the prospects of implementing or upgrading to ONB 2.0.

It would be rather exciting and fulfilling for me to be able to upskill and create value in the ecosystem by getting certified in the module and furthering my growth as a SuccessFactors consultant. Eager to hear back and be considered for the the digital skills initiative.

I’m confident that it’ll be worth every effort. 

former_member154484
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

First of all, what an amazing initiative! I was so grateful when a friend told me about it, as I fall under the categories women, neurodivergent, first generation college students, and people looking to switch their careers mid-life. It's not often I feel this targeted - though in a good way!

My friends usually call me Robin, and I'm working in HR and payroll, but have been looking for a career change for a while. I do enjoy my field of work, but it's often slow, unprodutive and inefficient. Not having any IT-related education (at least not officially), I didn't really see going into tech as a opportunity for me - until I learned about all the possibilities of SAP. I am both willing and excited to learn, as I geniunely think choosing a learning journey in e.g. SAP HCM could be career/life changing for me. I would love to join the exciting field where HR, payroll and business meets tech, so we can all work better together and help businesses improve.

Thank you!

dajayi
Discoverer

Hey @David_Chaviano !  Let's rock the initiative together! 

Hello.

I have been hearing about SAP from my friends telling me that there is a good career path in this line of work, and I have been curious about it for some time as I have been pondering for a long time to change career. Fortunately, I saw a post on Reddit specifically about this initiative leading me here. I am very interested to learn SAP and willing to put in hours in order to understand its fundamentals and processes as I think with the vast application of SAP there is a lot to learn and room for growth.

Thank you.

Cesil

Sumitkumarjha
Associate
Associate

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Sumit from India

I am a fresher who started working in SAP SuccessFactors recently.

New to the world of SuccessFactors i can see a lot of knowledge both functional and technical in here that i can learn to master implementation and support and having a certification to prove that will boost the my motivation as well as allow me to work in provisioning for im SuccessFactors increasing my chances on full implementation experiences.

I would like to be a part of this program a d start my journey in SAP SuccessFactors Employee central certification.

I fall in the category of 

People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts

Thank you for your kind consideration

RamMeher
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano  ,sap

I'm being part of a consultant I'm much happy to see this event. The areas and service that sap is providing is uniquely serves best efficient for business and to use as I tried to explore,  .With the announcement of chance supports my self in lightening up and taking my service to next level which drives as RISE with SAP  . Loves to hear makes me inspires more that boosts my colleagues too.

TSH
Newcomer

Hi 

What a great initiative. I would very much like to join. 

I am a woman, first generation college students (finished as an adult just 4 months ago) and because of my newly finished college degree Im trying to change career midlife.

I hope you will consider me

Regards 

Tina

owes_shubho
Discoverer

Thanks for you informational Blog Post.

I am delighted to express my strong interest in participating in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning! As a CS Graduate from a remote area in Bangladesh, I understand the challenges of accessing economic opportunities and quality education in my region. This initiative presents an incredible opportunity for me to gain valuable skills within the SAP Ecosystem and kick start my career in the technology industry.

I will promptly create an SAP account using the provided guidelines and join the beginner corner to engage and seek support during my learning journey.

Thank you for considering students from underserved locations like mine, and I eagerly await the registration link to begin this enriching experience.

phuongnt
Newcomer

Hi David,

I'm Phuong from Vietnam. I'm 32 years old and my major is accounting. Now I'm learning more about SAP ABAP and I have been beginner for SAP ABAP developer for 3 months and I identify as a person in the below categories:

• Women
  • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I look forward to this initiative and willing to try to learn to have more and more knowledge about SAP so can pass this certificate. It will help me enhance my professional career and open up a lot more opportunities for me.

Thank you so much.

Hello,

after studying already severals learning paths at SAP Learning with records of achievements, I would like to go deeper in SAP learning with certification  preparation. Espec8ally as my company will move in future from ECC versio  to S4Hana.

Having free certification  will setup clear target on my career development 

Regards

Dear David,

Thanks for giving us the great opportunity to obtain Digital skills. 

I'm a woman who had  ever no idea about SAP.

However, I have worked with SAP for 6 years as a SAP masterdata coordinator.

I found that SAP is such a huge source of knowledge which I am eager to upgrade my Digital skills as well as get a SAP certificate.

Best regads,

Uyen

SmritiKalra
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Smriti Kalra from India I'm an ambitious woman working in IT sector having experience of around 4 years as an ERP consultant (Non-SAP), I am willing to switch to SAP as I wanted to grow my career in this direction, I'm very passionate to become SAP SD Consultant. I'm already learning from SAP Learning Platform. I would like to go deeper in SAP learning with certification preparation.

I'm following under below categories: 

- Women
- People looking to switch their careers mid-life

At the end I would like to thank SAP team for this great initiative to contribute in the growth of others.

Regards Smriti.

lgaryusov
Discoverer

I'm high-skilled SAP HCM consultant with more than 14 years of hands-on experience in SAP HCM and SAP SuccessFactors. I have expertise in HR business processes and deep working knowledge of SAP HCM module. As a HCM consultant I have completed 15 projects in total, including 10 full cycle projects. I'm responsible, proactive, result oriented person with strong analytical skills. I'm a good team player.

Hi @David_Chaviano

My name is Arham and I identify as a person in the below categories:

• Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 

I am willing to learn more about SAP S/4 HANA - Transportation Management and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become better at what I do.

Thank you for considering my application!

former_member153302
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Greetings of the day!

As of the application guide, I am choosing SAP Customer Experience, https://learning.sap.com/products/customer-experience and in specific, I am interested in SAP Service Cloud.

In this regard, kindly help to take up the learning path leading to certification as am unable to find the lessons.

I will send the screenshot of completion once I get the lessons link.

Thanks & Regards,

Vasu

chaunguyen2018
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

My name is Chau. Currently, I am a full-time Junior SAP Consultant. My expertise is with SAP Business One, and I am looking for opportunities to strengthen my digital skills with SAP. I am passionate about learning and development and SAP offers a variety of learning journeys and certification to fulfill my professional development.

I fall in the category of women.

Thank you for considering.

Sashtika
Newcomer

Hi David,

I have registered to the Digital Skills Initiative and completed a SAP learning journey course. Sent the screenshots. Kindly help.

jasleenkaur_win
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

Please find the below screenshot of the email of completion of my learning journey: 

jasleenkaur_win_0-1690831491550.png

Please find the below screenshot from the SAP learning journey:

jasleenkaur_win_1-1690831550568.png

Please provide the certification voucher.

Thanks,

Jasleen Kaur

jyothigogada
Explorer

Dear David,

My name is Jyothi. I identify as a person in category of women. I have been working in tech support for 4 years.

I want to become a SAP technology professional and to study SAP rigorously and get a job opportunity soon. Please accept my application.

Thank you for considering.

Regards

Jyothi Gogada

Dear David,

This is Vidya and I fall under women category. I would like to enroll for SAP learning journey to upskill myself. Please accept my registration. 

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya.

Hello David,

I am interested in the Digital Skills Initiative. 

Thank you for your guide. 

rameshnaidu123
Newcomer

Dear David,

This is Ramesh Naidu. I am looking Change my career into SAP. I fall under "People looking to switch their careers mid-life" category. Please accept my registration.

Thank you,

Ramesh naidu

swarnalathas
Newcomer

Dear David,

I am Swarna. I fall under women category. I would like to build my career in SAP and I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. Please accept my registration

Thank you,

Swarna

mownikach
Discoverer

Dear David,

I am Mownika.

I identify as a person in the below categories:
1. Women
2.  People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts
I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.
Please accept my registration.
Thank you
Mownika

former_member154798
Discoverer

Hello David,

this is a wonderful opportunity and I would love to be considered as a women trying to break into IT. I'm currently working in HR with a good understanding of the business processes and would like to get into the technical aspects of SAP HCM. I am neurodivergent, but went undiagnosed, under the radar for a long time, which is why I did not trust my abilities enough to pick a technical field for my studies from the start.

I've done some internal trainings and read through lots of documentation, but without certifications it will be difficult to move through an application process.

I'm highly motivated to deepen my knowledge and thank you so much for your consideration and this great guide.

former_member154154
Discoverer
Hi!

I have completed my learning journey.  Looking forward to receiving a redemption code for the SAP certification attempt.

Thanks!
Screenshot_20230801_191759_com.android.chrome.jpg

savi_02
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am someone who has restarted my career and chosen SAP as my new career path.

Further, I belong in below categories:

This opportunity would enable me to take a step forward in this new career path I have chosen.

thaovantran3008
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I am currently a female student at a university from VietNam. Born and raised in a rural area, I found best option to escape poverty is through learning. My main goal is to learn every day. I really want to learn and to progress in my career. I think being a Sap consultant, which is the career I aim to follow, requires constant learning and improving. That makes me a strong candidate for Sap consultant. I already completed  Discovering End-to-End Business Processes for the Intelligent Enterprise Course.

Screenshot_1.png

I have a deep interest in the field of human resources and I am planning of taking SAP HCM Certification. A verified certification will boost my job prospects after graduation from my university. Besides, through learining,I can broaden my knowledge in both HR field and technical field. Therefore, I’m badly in need of this code for the SAP certification exam.

Thank you for considering my application.

johnpolo
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano , 

As a disabled US Army veteran, I am eager to participate in SAP's digital skills initiative and acquire new digital skills.

Why am I interested?

• I am committed 
  • I am a fast learner
  • I hold an associate degree in computer science.
  • I am interested in expanding my skillset and taking my career in a new direction after my time in the Army.

Thank you for really considering my application.

former_member155024
Discoverer

Dear David,

Thank you for your email and for the wonderfrul opportunity to participate in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. I am very much interested in the Digital initiative program as I have moved to a new country and trying to skill up to get job opportunities . I have a background in ABAP and I keen eager to upskill in FIORI & UI5 domain.

BR,

Smruti

Yerra_Sudheer
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

First of all, thankyou SAP for providing such a great opportunity to learn.

I am come a from Tier 3 place. I have the following reasons "People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts ", "First generation college students" and "People looking to switch their careers mid-life".

I am trying to learn SAP Analytics Cloud Planning from the internet (youtube). I even learned from free courses from OpenSap. I am very keen on learning SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning and this learning journey and certification help from SAP will be really helpful.

My humble request to provide the necessary access.

Regards,

sudheer

dence25
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

It's with great joy I write to notify you of my interest in SAP. I am a  recent Biochemistry graduate with undying passion for technology and innovation. My passion has pushed me into making several online technology based course  applications with no actual acceptance yet but then, I am an optimist who knows the vital role SAP plays in businesses and would love to actively take on this career path. 

Due to my passion for technology, I am currently a content creator who fall within these categories;

• Women

I identify as a person in these categories, and it will be an honor to be part of the digital skills initiative, I have an unwavering willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

My name is Danielle, 

I am interested in the digital skills initiative, I am a woman from Africa and I want to transition into HR.

#digitalskillsinitiative

harsh_itaverma
Participant

Hello,

Looking forward to get SAP certified soon

shrikantpatil
Explorer

Hello,

I am interested.

bello_sikiru
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I had my first experience learning a SAP product during undergraduate at the university through ESEFA. Ever since, I have been optimistic on any opportunity learning SAP products, but because of lack of information and exposure I had no access to the learning platforms for SAP enthusiasts/beginners not until recently. Though I recently graduated from the University with an engineering degree, I consider this initiative a great opportunity for me for career path switch into the SAP Ecosystem.

Regards,

Bello Sikirullahi.

affy_umoh
Newcomer

Hi David,

My name is Affiong Umoh , I am a Nigerian woman who holds a Law degree. I had the opportunity to join a  manufacturing firm in  Nigeria and  I am  among the four women on  the team. I have delivered  a couple of SAP Business one implementations. 

I have always found the ERP  and S/4hana . The digital skills initiative will equip me certify in an S/4hana module which will enhance my professional career and open up a lot more opportunities for me.

So far I am not financially capable to  do the training  and  certification . Hence my excitement at this opportunity to accelerate my career with the SAP Digital  Skills initiatives 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am looking to change my career into SAP. I fall under the category of "People looking to switch their careers mid-life". Please accept my registration.

Thank you,

Hello-- I am interested in participating in the digital skills initiative!  Thank you for this opportunity!

bmgr
Newcomer

Hi,
I am currently working as a SAP authorisation analyst and looking to pursue my career as a SAP Security Consultant. I want to develop my digital skills, get more experience in the field, and work as a certified consultant. This experience would be very beneficial to me as I continue on my educational path towards achieving career growth.

Thank you

sukanya_gaikwad
Newcomer

Hi David,

I identify myself as a woman.
I have completed the course Develop Applications Running on SAP BTP Using SAP HANA Cloud for certification SAP Certified Development Associate - SAP HANA Cloud 1.0

sukanya_gaikwad_0-1691036894714.png

sukanya_gaikwad_1-1691036916223.png

Yerra_Sudheer
Explorer

Hi  @David_Chaviano ,

Thanks for the opportunity. I got a direct message and I registered for the digital skills initiative and followed the steps mentioned. I have completed the learning journey related to Planning with  SAP Analytics Cloud. Please refer the attached screenshots.

Planning learning journey completion.PNGPlanning with SAP Analytics Cloud.png

Hi @David_Chaviano 

As an Indian woman & minority, I’m really excited for this opportunity to learn new digital skills & become an SAP certified DPM. This certification will jumpstart my career; after being laid off due to the pandemic. I am interested in pursuing all PM, technology, analytics, AI & Cloud consulting certifications and switching to a new career path. And leveraging this certification to make an impact in other parts of the world for women. 

abcdianaruth
Newcomer

Hi David,

I identify myself as belonging to more categories from the ones you've mentioned in this post;

I am very interested in this initiative.  I'm in the middle of the process of switching my career path and, therefore, I really need to gain a much broader understanding of SAP - knowledge which would be really useful for me.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Diana R.

Sravanthi1992
Explorer

Hi David,

I identify myself as a woman.
I have completed the  SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Sourcing and Procurement.

Sravanthi1992_0-1691070194075.png

And i have sent Completion screenshot to digitalskills@sap.com .

Could you please helps to know the next step to evaluate my learning? 

Looking forward to receiving a redemption code for the SAP certification attempt.

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Study it to completion, then post a screenshot of the completion in the comments below or send it to digitalskills@sap.com 

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion, you will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

briabryant4
Newcomer

Hi David,

My name is Bria Bryant.  I fall in below categories. 
Women
People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

I currently work in HR but would like to uplift my skills towards Analytics and SuccessFactors. 

Thank you!

natalyaer
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm thrilled to be part of this amazing community and excited to express my keen interest in participating in the digital skills initiative, specifically focusing on SAP HCM solutions.

I will be more than happy if I would get chance to participate related SAP HCM trainings and build a career with it. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Natalya

magdat777
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I fall in category of 'woman'. I am interested in Digital Skills Initiative.

Please consider my application. Thank you