Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,396 Comments
thenguyen_mai
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am currently a junior ABAP developer. At this early stage of my career, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge.

Thanks and best regards,
Nguyen

nicknamejodyy
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I identify myself as a person in category of women. Now, I am using SAP S/4HANA in my work so I want to upskill myself in SAP technology.

I have been completed the course Explore Intergated Business Process in SAP S/4HANA and I want to get a certification of Management Accounting in SAP S/4HANA.

Hoping to recieve the registration link to the initiative from your team.

Best Regards,

pkviradiya
Newcomer

Hello David Chavino @David_Chaviano 

I am enthusiastic about the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning and am eager to embark on my SAP Learning Journey.  As a first-generation college student and I changed the career at , I believe this initiative aligns perfectly with my career goals and aspirations. I am committed to learning more about SAP and am ready to invest the time and effort required to prepare for SAP Certification. Your support in providing a free certification attempt would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for considering my request.

Regards,
Piyush Viradiya
linhhv1
Explorer

I have completed the learning journey of Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA. I have registered for a free SAP Certification attempt from my account LinhHV1@me.com. Please inform me how to receive the free certification attempt. I have sent three e-mail to digitalskills@sap.com, Unfortunately I have not receive your e-mail with free code, Please send it to me again, I am looking forward to hear your information completed course.pngcompleted course 2.png

tuyetnhi99
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

My name’s Nhi, I'm interested in SAP FICO course. Currently I’m learning very hard, I want to get the certification exam, I would be grateful if you can give me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge, it can help me a lot in my career path. Hoping you consider carefully.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
My contact: tuyetnhica99@gmail.com - ID: P2007070731

Thanks & Regards, 

ann1235
Newcomer

I am really excited to participate and gain knowledge in the digital skills initiative. Hope to receive the link soon. ^^

Ar10
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

Greetings of the day!

I have completed my first learning journey in 'Exploring SAP S/4 Sales'.

Kindly let me know what next step i have to take to receive a redemption code for my SAP certification attempt.

I believe obtaining a SAP certification will help me to bring more value to my firm and to further my career projections. Please consider my application for certification.

Thanks for your time and waiting for your response.

Regards

Armaan Dwivedi

Ar10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello @David_Chaviano,

Greetings of the day!

Kindly let me know what next step i have to take to receive a redemption code for my SAP certification attempt.

Screenshot_20230916_235657_Chrome.jpg

I believe obtaining a SAP certification will help me to bring more value to my firm and to further my career projections. Please consider my application for certification.

I have sent three e-mail to digitalskills@sap.com, Unfortunately I have not receive your e-mail with free code.

Regards

Armaan Dwivedi

thuansap
Newcomer

Hello, my name is Thuan. I am a recent graduate, working full-time, and an adaptive learner. I am currently working in the ERP industry and am looking for an opportunity to enhance my digital skills to pursue the SAP path. I am passionate about learning and development and SAP offers a variety of learning and certification journeys to accommodate my career growth. I look forward to participating in this initiative and hope that I can make an impact on the learning of many organizations.

m_adeel
Discoverer

Hi All, I am from Pakistan (underdeveloped country) I have learned many theories about SAP FICO & MM and Now i want to practice all Scenarios on SAP S/4 HANA system and want to learn more, off-course i also want to do certifications so i can pursue my career in SAP. I really learned SAP with my all passion.

If someone can share Practice server or become my SAP learning buddy i will Appreciate.

Thank you,

Muhammad Adeel

egle-mat
Newcomer

My name is Egle. I love the initiative and would like to be part of it. I am currently facing some professional life crisis and aiming to broaden my expertise in the Order-to-cash field to be able to share my knowledge and become a consultant rather than operational manager.

I would like to be considered for this opportunity as i am fulfilling the requirements mentioned below:

• Women;

In my previous role, I had a chance to be part of the team that were responsible for the migration to SAP which I loved. And, this experience helped me to understand which direction I would like to go moving forward and what kind of qualifications I need in order to achieve it. This certification would not only help me to advance my career but also personal growth and satisfaction. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Best Regards, 

Egle

Ar10
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

Greetings of the day!

Screenshot_20230916_235657_Chrome.jpg

I have sent three e-mail to digitalskills@sap.com, Unfortunately I have not receive your e-mail with free code.

Regards

Armaan Dwivedi

Discoverer

Hi David,

My name is Joan Osazuwa. I am a construction cost consultant. I am interested in the course "Boast your career with SAP Skills"

Please provide a link or direction for me to start this course study. I am unable to find it in the courses listed.

haptb
Newcomer

SAP Certificate

I am a SAP Consultant . I am new to SAP and started learning SAP journey. I'm new to SAP and I want to start learn more about this technology. Please let me know when I can start! I am looking forward to hearing from you .

Thank you.

Ha

JohnTruong
Discoverer

Dear David,

Currently, I have been working as Business Intelligence for almost 2 years in SAP industry. My studies and experiences have provided me with a solid understanding in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC). Never in my life have I seen such a powerful and easy-to-use BI tool like SAC, which helps me to explore data in different perspectives and provide meaningful insights for both my company and business partners.  

It would be a pleasure to receive a free certification attempt because I believe with this chance, not only does it help to mark a significant milestone for my career path, but also to contribute to the success of SAC community. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Best Regards,

JohnTruong

thanhbn
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

My name is Bach Ngoc Thanh, I come form Vietnam,  and I am a middle-aged person.

I really want to change my career to specialize in SAP – Accounting

I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in SAP S/4Hana

Thanks a Lot for this grateful Opportunity!

Regards,

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for checking in and sharing your interest! As of 18 Sept. 2023, invites were sent to people who shared some info about their interest in the digital skills initiative.

linhhv1
Explorer

Dear Mr Chaviano,

I have completed my course,please see screenshot in my private message.

Thank you so much!

PhucNgoHoang
Discoverer

Dear David,

I identify as a person in the below categorie: People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts
I am very interested in the SAP course. I would like to participate in this digital skills initiative to get an SAP certification as it would help to support my career growth in SAP consultancy.

Hope to receive your response soon

Thanks & Best regards,
PhucNH

TruongNguyen
Newcomer

Hi David,

I'm an SAP MM Functional Consultant (ECC and S4 HANA) from Vietnam. I've been working in SAP fields for 4 Years Now. I have Knowledge of SAP S4 HANA Sourcing and Procurement but am not certified.

I'm in the process of making a career change. I would really appreciate the SAP certification help. I am sure it would open up more job opportunities for me.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it would help me to learn more about SAP and Career Opportunities.

I hope you will consider my application for the free certification SAP S4 HANA-Sourcing and Procurement.

Thanks a lot for this grateful Opportunity!

Regards,

NhungNguyen
Newcomer

Hello David,

I am Nhung, I'm a women and living in Vietnam and I am also looking for switching my careers mid-life to work abroad. 

I have been working as a internal SAP technical consultant for several years, but I don't have any SAP certificate, and I want to grow up in SAP field. So I appreciate this opportunity,  special thank you for your help !

hongminh119
Explorer

Hi,

Greetings from Vietnam. I'm Hong. I have over 10 years work experience as SAP functional consultant and want to enhance my skills. I would like to get SAP certificate. I hope that I can have voucher here to register for the SAP exam. I also would like to have chance to learn more and more about SAP function and the integration between modules in SAP and between SAP and another system.

Thanks and regards.

Hong

former_member163686
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I'm an SAP Production Planning (PP) Consultant from Maharashtra, India. I’ve been working in SAP Projects since last 1 year. I identify as a person in the below categories:

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
  • First generation college students

I love how SAP ERP tool bridges business with technology and helps them streamline their processes and make informed business decision. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career. I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn in systematic manner and make me more confident. I am excited about this digital initiative form SAP and grateful for this opportunity to boost my career. Please do consider my application for the free certification attempt as it will help me immensely in my initial phase of the career.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipul Dhotre

duongph93
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I emailed digitalskills@sap.com  but still have not gotten the voucher yet. Could you please help to check it for me?

duongphan93_0-1695113617745.png

linhctl2312
Newcomer

Hi David,
My name is Linh, I want to upskill myself in SAP technology.
I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

Thank you!
Ms.Linh

minhquyentran
Discoverer

Thank you so much for this opportunity! I am from VietNam, my name is Quyen.
I identify as a person in the below categories:
- Women
- People looking to switch their careers mid-life
Thank you.

thaolt69
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

My name is Thao Lam from Vietnam,  and I am a middle-aged person.

I really want to change my career to specialize in SAP – Integration

I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in SAP S/4Hana

Thanks a Lot for this grateful Opportunity!

Thao Lam

pmduy15
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

Greetings from Vietnam. I'm Duy. Now I am MM consultant and want to upskill myself in this field. So I would like to get SAP certificate.
I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in SAP S4/HANA Sourcing and Procurement.

Thanks a lot for this Opportunity!

Duy Pham

mimranryan
Explorer

Hi I am Rayan

I come from very weaker section of the society which have almost no presence in IT sector. This initiative will help me upgrading IT skills.

Regards

Rayan

romaric23
Discoverer

Hi, I'm Romaric an immigrant in the USA and I am  interested in learning SAP for a career change. This will go a look way to help me build my career as am currently in a low end Warehouse role. Thanks

sharon_selah
Newcomer

Hello. I am Selah. I am writing to express my keen interest in participating in the SAP Digital Skills Initiative. As a first-generation college student, a woman, and from Kenya, I am eager to seize this opportunity to develop valuable digital skills within the SAP Ecosystem.

I believe that this initiative aligns perfectly with my aspirations to further my career in technology and contribute to the industry's growth. Please consider this message as a clear expression of my intent to participate in the program.

I eagerly anticipate receiving the registration link and look forward to embarking on this exciting learning journey with SAP.

Tahemmout
Explorer

Hey @David_Chaviano,

I am Aymane, a junior SAP Technical Consultant from Morocco, who started his journey on SAP with an internship at delaware. I meanly work on ABAP development and also Fiori with SAPUI5. I've been following some journeys on learning.sap.com and willing to get my first certification in SAP, so this feels like a huge opportunity for me to get deep in the SAP ecosystem and win my 1st certification!

I consider myself that I belong in these categories since the earthquake that hit Morocco:

Huge thanks to the SAP Community for this opportunity and hope I can be part of it.

Best regards,

Tahemmout_0-1695203934777.png

https://www.credly.com/badges/1db57e12-b42d-4539-b4e6-fa71afbd3c9b

https://www.credly.com/badges/0cfb2f27-689c-4c86-8a39-fb9a21bcebf3

kiranmai
Discoverer

Hi David,

I am Kiranmai,

I identify my self into the below categories:

1)Women.

2)People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.

3)People looking to switch their careers mid-life

Please accept my registration.
Thank You,

Kiranmai.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, Thanks for expressing your interest and sharing your story. Those that shared details will receive an invite as of 20 Sept 2023.

lehangnt525
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed my learning journey and apply the form from the link that you send me but i don't see any invitation in my email. Please check!
Thanks and best regards.
Hang Le.

lehangnt525_0-1695225094640.png

Roxy_One
Discoverer

Interested with the program. I identified myself as a women and a person who's looking to switch their careers mid-life.

Roxy_One
Discoverer

Roxy_One_0-1695285599952.png

I finished this course. 

I identify myself as a women and a person who's looking to switch their careers mid-life.

mtcg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you so much, its greeting for me for more powerful.

thank.

mtcg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi @David_Chaviano ,

I have finished the learning jouney, Let keep feedback notification from you via email.

mtcg_0-1695307540622.png

Thank you!

koruvada
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am appalanarasamma koruvada.

1)Women
2)People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.
3)People looking to switch their careers mid-life

Thank You,

appalanarasamma koruvada.

pvanitha
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am Vanitha podapati,

1)Women.
3)People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

Thank You,

Vanitha podapati.

DatDuong
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

My name is Dat Duong. I know SAP system when I was working as an IT support officer in 2019. Back then, I though SAP was just another systems I was supporting and nothing particularly remarkable.

Until the Covid-19 happened and there were significant personnel changes, I was chosen to become a Business Analyst for SAP FICO/MM and Supply Chain Management systems with zero knowledge and experience. Through diligent research and learning, I acquired some knowledge and developed a passion for the SAP system. Currently, I am working as an Enterprise Systems Analyst and hold the primary responsibility for the company's SAP system and Supply Chain Management system.
I would like to upskill myself in SAP technology to improve knowledge and career path to support current job and company

Thank you,

Have a nice day. 

duongt07
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I finished this course. I identify myself as a women and a person who's looking to switch their careers mid-life. Could you help to check for email: ductinh37@gmail.com

duongphan1993_0-1695371654598.png

Rietta
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am reaching to I indicate my interest in the digital skills initiative program. Also I’m not exactly sure where or how to apply/register for the program. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

mtcg
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

I'm excited about SAP Learning's digital skills initiative. Over the past two years, I have taken a break from my career, a time of great challenge and personal growth. As a woman from a remote village in India and a first-generation college student, I have faced many obstacles. However, I firmly believe that the support and resources of this initiative can help me overcome them and improve my skills in SAP. I really hope to be a part of this remarkable opportunity.

Thanks.

vytrinh
Newcomer

Hello David,

I'm a fresh graduate. I am looking for a first job. After learning about SAP, I realized that SAP is very important and useful for companies in managing their business operations and improving the process. I am passionate about SAP products and I would like to learn more to enhance my knowledge in this field. However, I am currently not able to afford SAP certifications as my income is nothing.
I am grateful for the amazing opportunity to be a part of this program.
Thank you for your consideration and I am looking forward to hearing good news from you.

Sincerely,
Vy Trinh

NghiaNguyen2023
Newcomer

Hello David,

I am Nghia Nguyen
I am a technical consultant for SAP's party in Vietnam.
I want to get this certificate for my job and my learning personal, please give me it

Thanks & Regards,

seabass96
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Good day!

I am Christian, Currently working as a junior mm functional consultant. 

I am a career shifter, from a third-world country and a first gen college graduate.

with all of this not going in our favor, I would love to have the opportunity to advance my career and make up for the lost time. Having this certification under my belt would open opportunities as it is globally recognized by every organization.

C_TS452_2021 | SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement 2021

Regards,

Christian

Sachin55
Discoverer

Iam very much interested to jump into SAP work as always wanted to work in SAP field. Let me put my all past work experience into SAP field to help industry as well as myself. looking forward to completing my learning journey

Sachin55
Discoverer

Hi David,

here i complete my learning journey in Developing with SAP Integration Suite. coming from NON IT background i always wanted to work in programming. I think i choosen best module to show case my interest and skill in indusry if given opportunity. I hope certification could easily fetch me job in this field. Looking forward to recieving  redemption code to fullfil my wish. Thanks.

My email ID registered for Digital Skill initiative is: Sachinvm07@gmail.com

Untitled.png