Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an SAP Account and getting started in the community

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi all,

I have recorded a short demo on how to create your SAP account from learning.sap.com and join the beginner corner so you can start posting and interacting with us here:

David_Chaviano_1-1684325858919.png

Any other questions? Let me know in the discussion below!

Regards,

David

59 REPLIES 59

sunilpadhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning.

My name is Sunil Kumar Padhy , Im from India and I interest in participating in the digital skills initiative.

BenChua
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Good day, my name is Benjamin, I am from Germany and I am interested in the SAP beginner course 

SeanC1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Greetings @David_Chaviano I am a 21 year old immigrant studying towards a bachelors degree in Accounting at the University of Johannesburg in South Africa. I was diagnosed with adult adhd last year in my first year of university and have since taken up the initiative to not feel unaccommodated or unequipped but rather to maximise on the opportunities presented to me so as to grow my knowledge and skills so that i can empower myself, my family and my community.

i am also enthusiastic about cloud technology and have been learning through various platform on the internet and im particularly thrilled about the opportunities that these platforms present in streamlining operations in businesses and  how i can build a career around finance and cloud computing.

im eager to join the digital skills initiative and earning a certificate is a stride towards the realisation of my goals and the privilege to learn is one i am willing to graciously honour,

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you 😊

SeanC1
Discoverer

Greetings @David_Chaviano I am a 21 year old immigrant studying towards a bachelors degree in Accounting at the University of Johannesburg in South Africa. I was diagnosed with adult adhd last year in my first year of university and have since taken up the initiative to not feel unaccommodated or unequipped but rather to maximise on the opportunities presented to me so as to grow my knowledge and skills so that i can empower myself, my family and my community.

i am also enthusiastic about cloud technology and have been learning through various internet resources and im particularly thrilled about the opportunities that these platforms present in streamlining operations in businesses and how i position myself to build a career that collaborates finance and cloud computing.

im eager to join the digital skills initiative and earning a certificate is a stride towards the realisation of my goals and the privilege to learn is one i am willing to graciously honour,

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you 😊

looaamaral
Newcomer

Hello,

My name is Luana and I am a Brazilian woman living in Portugal. I’ve graduated in journalism in my hometown but since I moved to Europe with my family, 7 years ago, I never had an opportunity to work in my graduation field. 
As time passed I noticed how hard it was to professionally reintroduce myself in a foreign country working with communication. So I decided to change my career and a saw a great opportunity to give a better life to my family as a SAP consultant. 
Although I’ve being studying a lot, I know that the certification would make a great difference to find a job. That’s the reason why I am applying for this opportunity to get the voucher. 
Thanks a lot. 

kind regards,

Luana Amaral 

moonlight22
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

Thank you so mụch for this blog. But after I registered SAP account, when I tried to access to join a group for beginners to SAP, system informed that: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." So, I can't comment in your blog "Digital Skills Initiative Applicant Guide (For self-study candidates)"

I'm a SAP MM Functional Consutant (S4 HANA) from Vietnam. I've been working in SAP fields for 3 years now. I have knowledge on SAP S4 HANA Sourcing and Procurement but not certified.

I identified as a person for this certification because I am a women, single, first generation college graduate in my family, people in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts, people looking to switch their careers.

I graduated from university with a major in accounting. But when I learned about SAP, I realized I really love learning and working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes and save working time. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career. 

I’ve just completed my learning journey acros "Discovering the Basics of SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing". So I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements. I am grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Thanks & Regards,

hello NguyenHuuNhan, your experience is so inspiring and I wonder if I could allow me a chance to connect you in Linkedln?

MbheleB
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good day, My name is Bongi, I'm from South Africa and I'm interested in SAP Beginner Corner but can't join.

Olesya1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Olesya. I am based in US. I am working in Compensation field supporting CP cycle module in SF. Currently I have an interest in the following certification. Thank you.

SAP CERTIFIED APPLICATION ASSOCIATE
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
C THR86

ManT2023
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I believe I am qualified for the digital skills initiative as a recent veteran of the army of 15 years! I would like this opportunity to join this program because I love working with SAP and have been doing so for 15 years using SAP GCSSA. I would like to get a civilian certification for my new life outside the army.

Thank you for your consideration

Ryan

TD2
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Tara, I am a woman recently made redundant and I would like to learn SAP to increase my chances of new employment 

Thank you 

Sumathi_Halan
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

This is Sumathi. I have around 4 years experience in HR administration. I am a mother of a 6 year old boy. I belong to an indigenous community from a small town in south India currently living in the french speaking part of Canada. I am looking for a mid-life career transition and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to upskill in SAP to advance my career. 

Kindly send me the invite code to start my SAP certification. 

Thank you ! 

Sumathi 

YildizKalv1
Explorer

thank you very helpful

Shansh
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

My name is Shanshan. I'm a female supply chain professional with seven years' experience in demand & supply planning. I'm interested in participating in digital skill initiative and particularly interested in the learning journey for SAP S/4HANA as I believe that it would be helpful for me to pivot my career path into SAP consultant.

I identify myself as a person in below categories:

• Women
  • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

Thanks for this opportunity and looking forward to hearing from you!

LE_OANH
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

My name is Oanh, I'm from Vietnam and I interest in participating in the digital skills initiative for my career. 

I looking forward to participating in the digital skills initiative. Thank you for your consideration. 

Levaughn
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello David,

My name is Levaughn with a MBA in Finance and 8 years of military experience, and I identify as a few of these: 

• Military veteran
  • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
  • First generation college students
  • People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

And i am very willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I look forward to your consideration and participating in this cohort.

Deepalipal5
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I followed all the steps to creating a profile and then moving onto joining the beginners group for SAP but my access is being denied with a message that I don't have enough privileges for this resource to perform the action. Please guide?

preobra
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi David! 

Thank you for providing the opportunity to learn more about SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud

Avi86
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am new to this site. I am not able to join any of the community such as Beginner Corner. I am being told that I dont have access. Whom do I need to contact for this?

Regards,

Avadhesh

0 Kudos

Hello David,

I tried to find a way to leave a comment on the first post but couldn't. Therefore, I leave a comment on this post hoping you will see and consider my situation.

I am a 22 year old woman who just graduated from college. After graduating, I encountered many difficulties when the Vietnamese labor market had many obstacles for newcomers like me. I was exposed to SAP when I was in my third year of university, and I believe that digital transformation will be a breakthrough in Vietnam in the future when the labor market gradually recovers. I firmly believe that achieving SAP certification will promote my career development and bring me attractive job opportunities in the future.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, 

Thao.