Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Path

LeonD
Discoverer

Hi David_Chaviano,

I would like to know about the various learning paths available. What is the difference between project manage, implement and on boarding for SAP s4/hana public edition. Currently trying to figure out which are the technical learning paths and what they do. I'm some where in between a non technical and technical person. I dont have expert coding knowledge and experience. But I know the basics of coding.  I have experience administering a software. I also have some basic knowledge in SAP Basis for R3 and Ecc. Pls share your thoughts on the path best for me.

3 REPLIES 3

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @LeonD ,

thanks for the question! @kate_wilson - would you be able to comment here?

kate_wilson
Associate
Associate

Hi @LeonD ,

A Learning Journey is a container that can include one or more training courses.

The Exploring SAP Cloud ERP Learning Journey includes one training course - Explore SAP Cloud ERP. This course is designed to give you foundational knowledge on concepts of cloud, then explain similarities and differences between the public and private cloud deployments of SAP S/4HANA, their packages GROW and RISE with SAP, respectively, and the tools used to implement each. Some people may want to complete the course to learn the information, but are not working towards certification, so it has it's own standalone Learning Journey.

The Project Manage an SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Implementation Learning Journey includes one training course - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Onboarding Fundamentals. This course is designed to teach consultants the skills, tools, and methodology to implement S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition for a customer. It is also relevant for the System Admin (IT Contact) or another role on the customer team that will be heavily involved with implementation tasks and working regularly with the consultants. Most consultants will continue on to a line of business-specific course, like Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition for Sales, because an S/4HANA Cloud implementation project needs to staff consultants with business process expertise in each line of business that needs to be set up and configured for the customer.

The Onboarding with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Learning Journey includes two training courses, in this order: 1) Explore SAP Cloud ERP, and 2) SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Onboarding Fundamentals, which collectively prepare you for the certification exam: SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition implementation with SAP Activate. Here in the link to the exam on the training.sap.com website: https://training.sap.com/certification/c_ts4c_2023-sap-certified-application-associate---sap-s4hana-... . The target audience here is implementation consultants, and is what our own internal consultants complete as a prerequisite to working with customers on S/4HANA Cloud implementation projects.

Your Basis and ECC knowledge is directly transferable to SAP S/4HANA (on premise) or SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition, but the tools we use to create users and permissions and configure S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition is very different than OP or Private Cloud. If you want to work on public cloud implementation projects, then I'd recommend completing the certification track that includes both Explore SAP Cloud ERP and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Onboarding Fundamentals. If you want to stay in the area of topics you're already familiar with, I recommend searching through learning.sap.com for courses with "S/4HANA" in the title (not S/4HANA Cloud) to essentially update your knowledge of R/3 and ECC and apply it to S/4HANA on premise or SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition.

I hope this helps!

BR

Kate

LaxmiM
Participant

Thank you Kate, for sharing insights on this interesting information! Posts like these are helpful in choosing the correct Learning Journey, as with the new terms and topics it becomes confusing to decide which Learning Journey is of greater use.