Blogs about SAP Websites
Stay up to date on essential SAP websites with the latest offerings and news about SAP for Me, SAP Help Portal, SAP Support Portal, and other properties.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathaliequiblier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

When customers experience downtime on one of their systems, services, or applications, it is a very stressful situation as their business gets disrupted. They need to understand quickly and clearly what is happening, how their business is impacted, and when things will get back to normal.
However, our customers’ feedback pointed out that SAP had a room for improvement, in communication and User Experience in case of an outage.

The customers highlighted the lack of direct correlation between the outage communication and the impacted business processes, of indication regarding business criticality of applications and services and mentioned that users happened to get notifications irrelevant to their work.

A new “Bundles” feature to bring clarity to users.

Willing to continue building trust and ensure seamless customer communication, we started, together with the customers, addressing these pain points with a new Bundles feature in SAP for Me.

A Bundle, in SAP for Me, is a flexible grouping of Cloud Services and Systems, tailored to individual business needs. It allows customers to receive meaningful notifications on what parts of their business and/or processes are affected by downtime. Customers will be able to give a meaningful name to Bundles and mark them with a business criticality.

Bundles information will be available in all touchpoints: SAP for Me native application, mobile app, e-mail notifications.

Bundles in SAP for Me: E-mail Notifications and Mobile App

Bundle in Notification.png

Bundle in Mobile.jpg

To see the Bundle information in the notification, customers will create their own Bundles in SAP for Me.

The new feature will be accessible through the “Get Notified” tab of the Systems & Provisioning dashboard on SAP for Me. Only super admins and Cloud admins will be entitled to create Bundles, but they will be visible to the other users.

Get Notified tab.png

Our Cloud System Notification Subscription tool can now be reached using the card below the Bundle list. Later in the year it will be possible to directly subscribe on created Bundles.

Steps to create a new Bundle:

Step 1: Click on Create New Bundle.

Create new bundle.png

Step 2: Give the new Bundle a name, a criticality (Critical or Non-Critical) and a description.

Name and description should be as meaningful and related to your process as possible. However, this information can be changed anytime in the Bundle detail page to be adjusted to your needs.

Bundle Creation.png

Step 3: Add systems to the newly created Bundle.

Bundle Detail Page.png

Add systems.png

To select the relevant Cloud Services or Systems you can use the search and/or the filters.

Currently the following filters are available:

• Cloud Services
  • Data Center
  • System Role (development, test, production, etc.)
  • BTP Global Account
  • BTP Subaccount
  • Main System

Once your selection is done, click on OK and select all the systems in the list. Then click Add Systems.

As a result, you will find the selected systems displayed in the Bundle detail page. Two filters are currently available in this list: Data Center and Cloud Services.

The Bundle information is automatically reflected in the System Detail page of each included system. You can reach the page by clicking on the system ID.

Bundle system list.png

System Detail Page with Bundle.png

Use the browser back arrow to go back to the Bundle detail page.

In the Bundle detail page, beside adding systems, you can also Edit the header data or delete the Bundle.

Edit_Delete_Bundle.png

Once you have created your Bundle, use the browser back arrow to go back to the Get Notified tab. You will find a Search and a Criticality flag to filter the Bundles.

Bundle list.png

As a result of the outage event notifications the Bundle information is also available in the Event list (Availability tab) for events impacted a Bundle system:

Event list.png

The Bundle information is available in the Event detail page as well:

Event detail page.png

What is the next major step?
At the end of Q3, 2024 outage notification subscriptions on Bundles will be available to customers.

You have just learned how to find and use the latest Bundle features in SAP for Me. Feedback is highly appreciated. Please use the comment section for that.

If you are interested in upcoming features, please follow my profile and the SAP for Me tag.

4 Comments
gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi,

great to see this functionality I've heard of during the DSAG BTP Betriebstag already live. During that session I've asked if MTAs deployed to Cloud Foundry could appear directly as Bundles. Because an MTA combines most of the time the UI, Application and used Services into one deployable unit. So it would make sense to re-use this collection as a Bundle in me.sap.com.

Best Regards
Gregor

nathaliequiblier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello gregorw ,

Thanks a lot for your comment and question.

Would you like to contact me per email? nathalie.pardini@sap.com

Best regards,

Nathalie

davidebruno
Participant
This feature can be very helpful for our internal team responsible for the Service Management and Monitoring, in order to see in a clear picture which application is affected by a specific disruption.
One of the very difficult topics usually is to identify which applications are affected by a disruption of a service.
Many thanks for this! I'll start to play with it 😁
Davide
nathaliequiblier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Davide,

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback!

Best regards,

Nathalie