Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

Perhaps you've heard of Humans of New York (HONY), the five-year-old vibrant photograph-blog-turned-#1-New-York-Times-best-selling-book run by a man named Brandon that provides a worldwide audience with daily glimpses into the lives of the people in New York City. Inspired by HONY, we decided to do our own spinoff and call it Humans of SAPsv. Each week, through the end of December, we'll feature three employees complete with their picture, name, title, Twitter handle, and snippets of their passion for SAP, their commitment to their colleagues and community, and what inspires them both inside and outside of SAP.

If you're interested in the chance to be featured in Humans of SAPsv, please email Magen Petit. Enjoy learning more about your colleagues and share your comments below!

See the Humans of SAPsv Weekly Series on SAPsv Jam.

/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/cG7C18HCE7NGXP9zDHQnHS/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850 /profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/b3zB7FFM0JVtYS2cLw7Vje/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850 /profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/ELj8cEHsfBOj1zxZpq5Lbp/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850

Jenny Dearborn
SVP, Chief Learning Officer
@DearbornJenny

Tanya Bragg
Marketing Manager, Ariba Discovery
@TanyaLBragg

Ravi Marwaha
SVP Development,
User Experience and Design

@ravim11

What are you passionate about at SAP?
I am passionate about making a measurable impact in the world.

What’s your favorite thing about working at SAP?
I love the variety in the work I do; the work is challenging and meaningful.

What’s something not many people would know about you?
I collect PEZ dispensers and traffic signs. I also paint large-scale super hero paintings.

If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I own an invisible plane; it’s parked outside right now, but I don’t know how to fly it. So, if I had one more super power it would be how to fly my damn plane!

SAP helps millions of people and businesses around the world. I also love that SAP offers so many opportunities to give back to the community; we are not only encouraged to volunteer, we have tools in place to make it easy to do so. We also have tons of opportunities to learn and grow in our careers. I am currently taking project management classes through SAP Learning and it has already helped me tremendously in my job with projects I am currently managing as well as projects I am managing in my personal life such as travel plans. As a result of these improved skill sets, I am also given more opportunities to work on projects I would not have otherwise.

I love the people I work with. They are passionate, eager to learn, willing to teach, and some of the most talented people in the world. Their hunger pushes me to work harder and learn more. I love coming to work every day and not many people can say that.

My super power would be to duplicate myself so I can be in multiple places at once.

What’s your favorite hobby?
My favorite hobby is hiking Mt. Rose and Spooner Lake or watching college football or any of the Housewives TV shows.

Providing tools and technologies for our customers and partners to help deliver world-class user experience on one of the largest selection of business applications capabilities in the world.

It’s not just one but many, most noticeably: a truly global company (unique in that sense), extremely loyal customer base, and phenomenally diverse and talented workforce.

Being able to fly close to speed of light would give me infinite possibilities–from the Big Bang to exploration of ever-expanding universe.

What’s your favorite book?

I read a lot so it’s hard to pick one, but I did enjoy "Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell, which shaped some of my decision-making and actions at work.