Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

Perhaps you've heard of Humans of New York (HONY), the five-year-old vibrant photograph-blog-turned-#1-New-York-Times-best-selling-book run by a man named Brandon that provides a worldwide audience with daily glimpses into the lives of the people in New York City. Inspired by HONY, we decided to do our own spinoff and call it Humans of SAPsv. Each week, through the end of December, we'll feature three employees complete with their picture, name, title, Twitter handle, and snippets of their passion for SAP, their commitment to their colleagues and community, and what inspires them both inside and outside of SAP.

As we
wind down our Humans of SAPsv weekly series, we are bringing to you a special edition for the last two weeks: The Humans Behind Team SAPsv.

Enjoy learning more about your colleagues and the team who engages employees across all Silicon Valley campuses. Meet the people behind the marquee programs and initiatives you have come to enjoy, and the team who delivers important news and communications to your desktops on a weekly basis.

See the Humans of SAPsv Weekly Series on
SAPsv Jam.

/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/kybA9kK5nqyBf4OOscM5Dp/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/tRJYqfUjwARSMiYwF2FWFv/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/jVy9cLWUS7hSfnAgkGy1AB/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850

Kellie Drenner
Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Silicon Valley Government Relations

@KellieDrenner

Joe Fanucchi
SAPsv Social Media Manager
@joefanucchi18

Jo Manuel
Silicon Valley Marketing – HR programs
@jo2dworld

What are you passionate about at SAP?
I am passionate about SAP’s work in sports. Our partnerships with sports teams and sports organizations really humanizes our technology and makes it easy to discuss our solutions with everyone. Plus who doesn’t like sports?! I am beyond excited that SAP is playing such an active role in the Super Bowl despite the fact that neither the Niners nor the Browns will be in the final game…. Le sigh.

What’s your favorite thing about SAP?
The people hands down. We work with awesome. I have the opportunity to work with a very close team that laughs all the time and is passionate about SAP and our community. That makes coming into the office every day easy and worthwhile.

What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee and why?
I am not too into celebrities, but politicians and world leaders are right up my alley. I would totally tag-team coffee with Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton to chat 2016 politics. If I have to pick a celebrity, I guess I would want to have coffee with Taylor Swift and/or (preferably and) Mariska Hargitay (Olivia Benson) from Law and Order SVU (Dun Dun)! Need I say more?!

You’re on a deserted island, which three items do you have and why?
A flint, pot, and duct tape. Flint will start a fire to keep me warm (very important), cook food, and purify water. A pot to carry water, but also to cook food, and duct tape because it is so useful.

What are you passionate about at SAP? 
I am passionate about the people here at SAP–the talent and skill level we are surrounded by is astonishing! The amount of progress SAP is making in the world’s largest industries is amazing, and I get to work in same building as the employees who are driving this progress. Engaging with employees is my job, and I love nothing more than meeting and collaborating with the intelligent minds here at SAPsv. SAPsv employees are not only great at their jobs, but they create a healthy and fun work environment that is unlike any other.

SAPsv throws the best events! I’m extremely grateful I get to hear some of the most popular TED speakers in our very own cafeteria–and of course the beer bashes! SAPsv has several employee-based programs (SAPsv Ambassadors or Affinity Groups) where we are able to meet and network with colleagues we may never have met otherwise, but because of these programs, the work environment SAPsv creates is seamless. Providing all these events and programs for SAP employees also creates a sense of value and flexibility that you may not find at any other workplace.

If you could travel back in time, which year would you travel to and why?
I’d love to travel back to the 50s/60s for the cars, music, and my dreams of being in the movie The Sandlot (if it were real)–obviously to talk to Wendy Peffercorn! It not the 50/60s, then I would definitely travel back to the 80s–I imagine myself being a huge fan of the fashion of that time, as well as the music. If I could live in the 80s and experience something similar to the events of the movie Weird Science, I could die happy.

First, Blake Lively–for obvious reasons–and, second, I would like to sit down for a cup of coffee with Robert De Niro. He is one of my favorite actors growing up and I would love talk to him about his early life, before Hollywood–and to talk with the Vito Corleone!

What are you poassionate about at SAP?
Taking care of people–especially of those who have joined via acquisitions. I have a soft spot for this in particular as I joined the SAP family via Successfactors in 2013. I have made it my personal mission to make sure everyone in the company I meet or collaborate with knows how important they are to the company and how the company is a wonderful and exciting place to be in. This pretty much coincides with my favorite How We Run behavior, “Build Bridges, not Silos.”

Its capacity and willingness to adapt and keep up with the breakneck pace of changing technology. Or, if the current landscape is not innovative enough, to trailblaze a new path entirely. Forty-three years of success and 296,000 customers and counting speaks volumes of SAP’s ability to evolve. I could not be more excited to see what’s on the horizon for this company.

If you could travel back in time, which year would you travel to and why?
1995—Sophomore Year in High School. To tell my younger self to keep your chin up, own your uniqueness, keep up with the writing, and most importantly, to put down and back away from that second cupcake. Now is not the time to eat your feelings, girl. Try sports, instead. Oh, and don’t ever lose your goofiness. You’ll thank me later. 

Torn between Tina Fey or Mindy Kaling. Having listened to each of them narrate the audiobook version of their memoirs, I feel like I would love to continue the conversation. For Tina, the joys and perils of motherhood and her writing process, for Mindy, the joys and perils of her lovelife and her creative process.