Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElitsaPetrova
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

all.jpg

SPOILER ALERT The article below is going to be long, emotional, personal. It will drag you out of the ordinary corporate blogging style, it will open your eyes for things outside of comfort zone, place you on another continent, experiencing different energy level and vibes. Read at your own risk

“12” is the answer to all questions in the Universe. Well, at least for us at SAP as part of our Global Social Sabbatical portfolio. Meet our 12 pro-bono consultants coming from Germany, USA, Israel, Canada, Philippines, India, Spain, Russia, Dubai, Brazil:

Kate Intal-Yambao Brian Vance, CPA, MBA Rana Hamzakadi Dekel Liberman Steffen Kötte Suvarna BH Eugenio Presno Mikhail Fedorov Tobias Hiob Om Band Julia Hasslinger Thais Borges Druwe, LL.M.

As part of their “Catalyst” journey, they all showed great will and strong motivation in joining this amazing adventure, giving back like never before.

With the immense support of Peter Mukuka Nicholas Gioioso Daniela Nianduillet M.P.M. as our Pyxera Global partners, 4 local organizations from Lusaka, Zambia were short-listed to be supported by our consultants for 4 exhaustive yet rewarding weeks.

Ebusaka dedicates itself to revolutionizing waste management in Zambia and beyond. At the heart of their mission is a commitment to creating a world where waste is managed responsibly and sustainably, contributing to a cleaner and healthier environment.

BongoHive is on a mission to transform Africa's economic landscape through the power of entrepreneurship. Their vision is to see their DNA woven into the fabric of the continent's most successful businesses, becoming a driving force in Africa's economic narrative.

Genius Education Zambia  is an EdTech, STEM organization whose mission is to promote, facilitate, and enhance quality education by existing at the intersection of Science, Leadership and Education. Genius Education works to bridge the gaps among high school students, young professionals, the workforce and the constantly evolving global environment.

VITALITE Zambia is a community and distribution service company make high quality renewable energy and clean cooking products available to underserved communities.

As Alumni of this program from last year, I was invited to be the Mentor of our Zambian cohort. I can’t lie – I felt it all: overwhelmed, proud, in seventh heaven, honored. I humbly gave my “Yes” and joined the “Insaka” team on-site for the beginning of their assignment. My role as mentor is to provide on-going support and guidance to the team. Together with my dear PYXERA Global program managers Daniela Nianduillet M.P.M. and Nicholas Gioioso I accepted to help the team prepare for the assignment, support with any client questions or issues, and provide on-going support when requested.

The kick-off event was a blast! Meeting in person all these stunning entrepreneurs and their team members, listening to their personal and professional stories, achievements, ambitions and visions was one-of-a-kind experience. The presentations of my SAP colleagues made me extremely proud that I know such professionals and just reaffirmed that our company culture is unique. Full house with talented people that want to lead, grow, inspire and develop. Citizens that want and will change the world they live in. What else do we need? The magic was already in the air.

Now that the grand opening was over, immediate intensive first week followed. Sub-teams regrouped and got down to business with their host organization to finalize their scope of work. They all started early in the morning – with calls, office and home visits, trips in rural areas and meetings with clients. Every evening we had the chance to sit down and debrief on how their day was, what information they gained, what they still miss, how do they feel, what challenges they have. What astonished me the most was how all of them found the strength and time to go out, have fun, dance and laugh together. Tired but smiling, exhausted but with sparkling eyes, hungry to help in the best way they can.

Every story has to come to an end and I had to say “Goodbye” and travel back to continue supporting remotely. We promised to stay connected and work on all questions and challenges that may occur.

Their journey continues and I can’t wait to celebrate their success together. Stay tuned!

P.S. As they do on the Oscars, now is the time to express my gratitude:

·       To my manager Henrieta Porubecova for sharing my dreams, giving me the time and space to grow and develop;

·       To my HR colleagues Nevena Taneva Lyuba Zaneva Bilyana Bogdanova Svetla Tsenova Katerina Shopova that hold the Fort back home;

·       To Hemang Desai Alexandra van der Ploeg Julia Donovan from SAP CSR that put the trust in me and assigned me as mentor;

·       To Peter Mukuka Nicholas Gioioso Daniela Nianduillet M.P.M. and so many others behind the scenes Pyxera Global who work hard to make these assignments come to life;

·       To the host organizations for your openness and willingness to allow the Social Sabbatical participants into your organizations to make a difference together;

To my Lusaka team: Remember that your efforts are not in vain. Your hard work and dedication are making a real, tangible impact, and the lives of those you are helping are being changed for the better. Keep pushing forward, stay united as a team, and let your passion and determination guide you!

Peter Mukuka Nicholas Gioioso Daniela Nianduillet M.P.M. Kate Intal-Yambao Brian Vance, CPA, MBA Rana Hamzakadi Dekel Liberman Steffen Kötte Suvarna BH Eugenio Presno Mikhail Fedorov Tobias Hiob Om Band Julia Hasslinger Thais Borges Druwe, LL.M. BongoHive Ebusaka VITALITE Zambia Genius Education Zambia