Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member

Hi, again:

As promised, this is a new chapter of our "Who's behind @SAPSupportHelp" series.

This month we are presenting Desiree Matas, Vince Lu and Christian Rosa who will tell us what inspire them both inside and outside SAP.

Enjoy learning more about the fantastic team who delivers very useful information and tips and engages our followers.

Desiree Matas

Senior Support Engineer NW Core & Compliance Coordinator

Madrid (Spain)

What are you passionate about at SAP?

Since I’ve started working at SAP we have changed a lot as a company. We have innovated, we have opened new paths, all with the vision of helping the world to be a better place. Furthermore, working for Product Support gives you the opportunity to help a lot of people directly. When you know you have really helped a customer, the feeling is great.

What’s your favorite thing about at SAP?

My favorite thing about SAP is people. They are always there when you need some help, it does not matter if they are located in Spain, Ireland, Hungary or China. We are a team even if we come from very different places and cultures. There is always something new you can learn from your colleagues.

If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why?

If I could choose, I would choose to do exactly the same as Quicksilver from the X-Men. Moving and thinking at superhuman speed must be pretty awesome. I would be able to solve any incident much more faster and, at the end, in case of mutant explosion, you could always count on me to save the day

If you could travel back in time, which year would you travel to and why?

Even if I’m really passionate about History, I would not travel back in time. As a wisdom turtle said once: “Yesterday is History, tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that’s why it is called the present”. And they had no tiled bathrooms… Do not forget about that.

Vince Lu

Support Engineer BW

Shanghai (China)

How would you describe yourself in three words?

Aspiration, Inspiration, Perspiration are the three words I’ve written on the wall from Childhood.

Where would you prefer to live: beach, city or country?

Beach.

I’ve been running marathons in big cities, countryside, alongside beaches, in the forests, in the mountains, through the grasslands, etc. Among them, I prefer beach to be the best view. Plus, I just got my PADI OW an AOW, if allowed, I would prefer beach with nice diving spots.

Having a network of colleagues globally and the travel opportunities given to me by SAP.

What is your all-time favorite movie?

I found I’ve picked a difficult question to answer... I’m a series fan."The Bourne" Series are my favorite. But, if I could only name one, right now, the first come into my mind would be "Silver Linings Playbook"."Love actually" is the movie I watch every Christmas, like a lot people do.

Are you more of a night owl or a morning person?

Can I say both? In every morning, if no call with Brazil/US, and weather(including air quality) allows, I will do morning jogging. But I also stay late for movie, reading, hanging out,  or sports.

Christian Rosa

Support Engineer - SD Logistics

Sao Leopoldo (Brazil)

Which 5 things do you absolutely want to achieve in life?

• Be able to buy a house with big garage to repair my bicycles.
  • Surf in Hawaii, but small waves like the ones in Sunset Beach.
  • Retire before my sixties.
  • Swim a long distance classic like English Channel or Gibraltar Strait.
  • Have a lifestyle which I can be happy with job, family and my sport adventures.

If you were given by your work a full day every week to do whatever you feel like, what would it be?

I would definitely do the same as I do on Saturday which is shopping but with less people around

If you were not in your current position, what/where would you be and why?

I have never dreamed of being System Analysis in my childhood but it is way better then many other jobs. I would like to get paid from entertainment activity like sports or music.

If you were 20 again, what would you study?

Today, I really see me doing computer science, because now I know that market in the richest countries have chosen to send some jobs to Brazil. It allows me to learn English language and to travel, I feel almost like in home being English fluent when I am abroad. If I had studied law for example that would not be likely to happen.

Admit you're looking forward to the next blog. No worries. It's coming on July.