Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coastal Photography Competition 2022 (running from Aug 19-Sept 19) with SAP Community!

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Lovers of photography and coastal views – share your best photographs please!

Happy World Photography Day! Annually, on August 19, is World Photography Day which is a
celebration of photographic history - and a great excuse to share photos with the world. Two years ago, even, some of you have received a random day surprise that same day! Lots of pictures are getting shared in SAP Community and thinking of the variety of nice photos uploaded so far, I want to challenge you now and start this little photography competition.

Together with my colleagues, I was thinking of a suitable category for this challenge which we all would enjoy looking at during this time of the year.
Including many other countries, it’s currently summer here in Europe. Some being on vacation and others enjoying the warm temperatures at home.

My favorite place is the coast. I like the view and if possible, taking a dip in the water.

B4D483AD-97F4-46F5-8B4E-39DA4B5A7DC1.jpeg

I don’t have easy access to a nice coast but when I do, I make sure I take pictures for the nice memory. Currently sitting in the (home) office like many of us here, wouldn’t it be refreshing to see some coastal pictures taken by the community?

Now, here’s how you can participate this photography competition:

• Sign into your SAP Community account. If you don’t have an account in SAP Community
    Groups, you will need to create an account on groups.community.sap.com.
  • Join the Coffee Corner Group as a member, so you can participate in the discussion 
  • Share your one best coastal photograph as a comment below. If you add multiple photographs, only the first one posted will count for the competition. If you haven’t visited or don’t live near a coastal region, we are happy to accept a lake or river photo. Feel free to also tell us where that photo was taken, when you took it, and why you visited the place. 
    For the competition we’ll consider photographs only shared until September 19, 12:00 pm CEST as a comment to this thread. 
  • The photograph which received the most kudos during the competition entry period wins the competition. 
  • The winner will be announced in another blog post after the competition entry period. 

What’s in it for you participating in the challenge?
The winner of our Coastal Photography Contest 2022 will win an SAP Merchandise Store voucher worth 100€.

How can you win?
Give kudos to the photographs you like the most until September 19, 12:00 pm CEST (there is no
limit on giving kudos, but once you gave kudos to a photograph, you can’t add another kudos
to the same).

See detailed competition details in my separate reply below.

I also loved reading through the ‘My favorite place’ – thread, getting inspiration for future travel journeys and learning from community members where their favorite place is. If you haven’t checked it out yet, I can recommend it. I noticed that there were many pictures of nature and I’m looking forward to more favorite places shared. Now for this competition, let’s enjoy some coastal sceneries!

111 REPLIES 111

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi John, just wanted to let you know that you are eligible to participate in the competition. The SAP Community Team is ineligible to participate and I updated it respectively in the rules. 
Really nice view! 
Cheers, Mynyna

panseit
Explorer

Chania_PS.jpg

Chania's city port. I'd choose that view and town over everything 🙂

thalesvb
Active Contributor

A stroll late 2018 on Setúbal Bay.

IMG_20181221_115510550_BURST000_COVER_TOP-PANO.jpg

For those who prefer less buildings, it is just a matter to turn the head around, although the digital zoom took its toll (just a bonus here).

IMG_20181221_120948071.jpg

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I'm not eligible to enter the competition, but I couldn't resist sharing with you one of my favourite coastal photographs from the west coast of Ireland and the Atlantic ocean. We don't always get sunshine, but that's the beauty of the coast - you can enjoy it even when the weather is stormy and wild. Lahinch is also a favourite spot amongst surfers.

Lahinch photo competition community 2022.jpg

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

😍

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

Constance_K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Lovely 😍

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Hello,

I took this picture a few days ago in Lingen at the Dieksee.

dieksee_Lingen.jpg

Love the color and reflexion! 

timoelliott
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Here's my entry! Dawn over one of my favorite places: the salt fields (Salinas) natural park in Ibiza, one of the Balearic Islands in Spain. Photo direct from the camera, except a resize so I could upload it... I got up at dawn and hiked to the top of a hill through a lot of scratchy bushes and spider-webs and was rewarded with this view 😀

salinas-ibiza-dawn-3.jpg

0 Kudos

Wow, this looks magical! 

Maria_705
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello,

Every quarter we have spent a week at my family's house in Toluca, ME.
We spend time walking near to the lake and enjoy the beautiful Toluca's Snowy.
This is one of my favorite picture to reconnect with nature.

Nevado_Toluca (2).jpg

Constance_K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The green is amazing! It is really bright.

SyambabuAllu
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have taken these two photos' on June 2022.I have habit to go every morning and evening for relaxation to  lake(Location : Chinnapanahalli, Bangalore, India).

2.jpeg3.jpeg

0 Kudos

You captured real treasures in Bangalore, amazing! It looks so calm at the lake! 

Hendrik
Active Participant

Beach at SchilligBeach at Schillig

Beach at Schillig - taken during this summer's only morning beach run 😉

kaitlingorman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

California sunset from boat view! I know I am not eligible, but this is too fun not to share!California sunset from boat view! I know I am not eligible, but this is too fun not to share!

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager

I, too, am not eligible to enter this competition, but the theme is irresistable. Below is my photo of a very interesting beach that lies to the north of me near Fort Bragg, on the Mendocino Coast here in California: Glass Beach.

GlassBeach02.jpg

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

7EFA77D4-D36C-4DF1-B9AC-A3DE4D62B352.jpeg

 Plaka Beach, Naxos, Greece, August 2022

we came back after a first stay in 2018. It’s … just wow.

0 Kudos

That is stunning @Bernhard !!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot @Katherine_K  ! It was a bit easier to take the shot as I know the place from the previous stay. 

This the the link to the church in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/yFtSYHfePZxjcqN98 

bdurrenbach
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

hi 

here is my entry to the competitionManarola, Cinque Terre, ItalyManarola, Cinque Terre, Italy

0 Kudos

beautiful! 

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Cinque Terre is such a special, beautiful place... great pic!

Constance_K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

great colours!

Bartek
Active Participant

Sunrise on Maspalomas beach,

maspalomas_sunrise.jpg

Bartek

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Looks like a perfect place to start the day, beautiful.

Bartek
Active Participant

Indeed 🙂 and not so much challenging. The picture was made at 7:30 a.m. 😉

and thank you 🙂

vivekprabhu13
Participant

Captured the Pangong Lake in the remote location of Ladakh Valley in India. ( non-edited )

IMG_20160824_164547_HDR (1).jpg

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

This is amazing! I'd love to float on the surface of this water! And then I'd also do stand-up-paddling exploring the coast.

Nice evening view of Nice from my hotel room during summer vacationPXL_20220808_191533053.jpg

0 Kudos

🙂 The blurred quality of this picture captures the heat and breeze of the city, I guess (assuming it's hot weather in Nice in summer...) 

0 Kudos

Indeed 🙂 It was 32 degree and made by my son with my mobile phone

david_ruizb
Contributor

One of my favourite  coastal photographs is this one from  Mediterranean Sea. It's the coast of Llançà, a litlle village in the north of Catalonia. This photograph was taken on a hot 2022 summer's evening with the light of moon on the sea.

Llançà coast with the moonLlançà coast with the moon

gautamchauhan
Advisor
Advisor

St Marks Summit, BCSt Marks Summit, BC

We took this photo from St Mark's Summit. it shows the beautiful coasts of Vancouver. 

A spectacular photo @gautamchauhan, thanks for sharing! Reminds me of a trip I was lucky enough to have to Vancouver many years ago.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

That looks beautiful, @gautamchauhan! I've never been to Vancouver, but British Columbia overall is definitely on my future travel list! 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

anugrahgj
Explorer

My recent favourite coastal pic is this sunset pic from a sanbar beach in an estuary called Poovar when we visited my hometown.

IMG_20220715_183225.jpg

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Hobby photographers, 
I wanted to share two coastal pictures with you that I like a lot, because they depict something special and unique for the respective country: 

AsiaAsia
AfricaAfrica

Can anyone guess which country they were taken in respectively? I gave away a hint with adding the continent 🙂

timoelliott
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The second is near Casablanca maybe? 

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good guess and correct country! Not quite yet the right city 😉