Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community SMP Minecraft Server

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

COMMUNITY.png

Fabric 1.18.2 Server (Java Edition)

Using multiple Datapacks, crafting Tweaks and Resources from VanillaTweaks. As well as a custom resource pack. You can connect using the standard Vanilla Java client or you can use the Fabric Java client.

Using the Fabric Java client you can use the Simple Voice Chat mod for infame voice chat.

If you would like to join the server, please comment here with your Minecraft user name. I will then private message you the server information.

All players are expected to abide by the SAP Community Rules of Engagement as well as 2 simple further rules.

1. Be respectful

2. No Griefing

45 REPLIES 45

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

So my user name is "SmurfyDragon" and I can be found most times before 9am CET and after 18:00 CET 🙂

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 18.44.59 copy.png

0 Kudos

If you are curious, you can watch live.

I also have an instagram account just for screenshots from the game. But the coolest build so far is

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 09.15.52.png

Proud father moment, that's from my oldest son 🙂 a whiz at the game.

boobboo
Contributor

You can find me as BoobBoo2 on MInecraft - will try joining the server and checking it out. Have been getting into Minecraft with my kids as a shared experience

SvenBoetius
Participant

Hi there. Sehebo on Minecraft. Would like to join 🙂

rsletta
Contributor

This is really cool @craigcmehil. I guess it's my old profile name that is used with the java edition.  l44_operator would like to apply for admission. I wonder if anyone will catch that reference. 🤓

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

My username is AideyC. 

rsletta
Contributor

First diamond find, deep down in the mine!  😅
rsletta_0-1651435319536.png

Wanna maximize Your mining yield?

pattern.png

Starting from housing, hack a stairway like the left pattern. Move one Tile on and hack 5 Tiles deep. Repeat. Then add stairs. When hitting a cave, cobblestone the missing parts and add a door to the cave. If the cave is quite steep, use some sand/gravel. place it on the ceiling before you and let it fall to the deeps. When the pillar reaches your position, you can place the cobblestone for the staircase, again. Don't like critters in the stairway. When reaching sufficient depth, start probing the deeps like the right pattern. This has a quite good ratio between Tiles hacked and goodies found.

Ok, ok. You are not new to minecraft, but perhaps some others can use this instructions.

Have fun and diamonds!

P.S. When you hit water/lava, you can sand/gravel your way through it. Nothing stands between you and your straight stairway to the bottom. It looks really cool, when you manage to glass the walls to lava/water.

P.P.S. If you want deluxe, then place tracks with periodic propulsion tracks next to the stairs.

The caves in 1.18 are huge, but the tips still work just need more sand and gravel 🙂

0 Kudos

The latest patches changed the overall goodies distribution. For diamonds you have to go really deep(highest density at -59 ). That's one layer before the bottom cubes appear. Best iron layer is +15. So if you want to acquire stuff the old fashioned way, that staircase is absolute worth the effort. Riding the minecart up and down is really fun for my 9 year old son. For the tracks we use propulsion-track-track-propulsion-track-track-track-propulsion...

If you are low on gold, you can make the staircase wider. The cart gets more propulsion if it touches no wall during the ride. So you need fewer propulsion tracks.

happy mining...

We did make a big railing through the Nether to get to the Guardian farm 🙂 gotta love the whoosh whoosh around the tracks lol

0 Kudos

BTW you and your son are welcome in the server if you like 🙂

Hi, because of simplicity I linked our Minecraft accounts to our Windows Accounts. My current name is a generic one. My son plays at my wife's PC. So his name is a female one ;-). I'm going to sort our names out and come back to You.

Yes, with Bedrock you can also install a Java Edition.

More details in private messages.

Cya

Hi Craig. Would you mind adding my 8y.o. also. BelugaIcecream
I'll keep an eye on him and play at the same time.

rsletta
Contributor

The HQ refactoring has begun.

rsletta_0-1651445875273.png

I'm gonna have to make more baked potatoes now!

Su_Signavio
Explorer
0 Kudos

My son is building a city on a private survival server with friends and is looking for novel house / building patterns. Got anything good?

If he wants a laugh he can join one of my live streams and I can share what some of us have already done. I tend to watch the Hermicraft folks (season 9 at the moment) to get inspiration

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well 2 weeks in and we have 4 folks from here online in the server, 3 "friends & family" in there as well. Server day this morning when I disconnected was like day 1409. We have a connected Nether portal area within the Nether to allow for easy access and a Nether portal to take us to the End portal where the other night we defeated the Ender Dragon and opened the End for us to find Shulker shells and Elytra 🙂

This morning I completed the 24th episode of live streaming to share as we go along and it's been fun!

Plenty of room for others who would like to join, it's a fun distraction and chance to talk tech with friends in a non work environment - for me it's my mental health escape 🙂

Hi ! 
My username is Sallybully 🙂

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I *think* my working Minecraft name is qmacro99 🙂

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

3 week check in! I've done 32 live streams as of this morning. We have I think 11 people on the server already with a good handful very active.

Our newest addition was @qmacro this morning who dusted off his account and logged in!!

2022-05-17_23.19.26.png

A little memory from our adventures last night, @rsletta and myself "relocating" a couple of new friends 1600 blocks to the East of where they were "randomly wandering around lost" hmmm err yeah let's go with that 😉

Hey, they were the ones getting into our boats. We just happened to put them on the ground next to them, before rowing of across the plains, towards the water.  And we do provide shelter, food, and security.🤷‍😅

0 Kudos

Totally all them for sure 🙂

Another saying proven: When angels travel the heavens cry.

I'm going to grin about this all day now lol

rsletta
Contributor

We have started to map out the area, and we are well on our way. The main area is @craigcmehil(SmurfyDragon) and BlaubeerSaftHD, and me(L44_operator) and the boys(VoltronSkywalker and ShadowDragonGold) right next door to the north(right). Then we have mapped all the way up to Sehebo's place furthest too the north. There is still plenty of room, so just come on and join us. Check out Craigs stream, to see all the cool stuff that has started to appear. ccmehil - Twitch

rsletta_0-1653247182343.png

anne-petteroe
Community Manager
Community Manager

My profile name is yojibee 😀

JWJ
Participant

Hello. My username is "Braincreep". I also started playing along with my 6 y.o. a year ago but he was far too addicted so we had to cut him off. I usually play tower defense and puzzle games but playing co-op games and meeting people sounds good. 

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

30 days roughly into things. I've done 43 live streams so yeah a bit nuts but we've a lot of stuff going on now in the Server. A whole community area of supplies and working on a large villager trading hall for everyone's use. Welcome our newest to join the server @qmacro @former_member1751 @anne-petteroe and @JWJ 

0 Kudos

Still working on it, I hate java - I am not able to install the mods and I haven't had time to figure out why yet LOL 

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Going on almost 2 months now! We've 2 extensive trading halls, a really amazing Piglin XP farm and a "meh" Piglin XP farm. Blaze farm, carrot, beets, potato, sugar cane, bamboo, 2 iron farms, kelp, 2 chicken farms, a Guardian farm and we started draining a second ocean monument. Multiple lava farms, some drip stone farms, Zombie, Mob and a few spider farms.

In other words we've done a lot with the 13 or so folks who have access to the server! 

Right now I am investigating the option to connect Bedrock players to the same server, you would not have the voice chat in game but it could be an option. Although with the account migration you all Bedrock users can install the Java client now as well.

The next big question in a few weeks is do we upgrade to 1.19? (Partially waiting on any major bugs, but also for the Fabric server updates)

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

It has BEGUN the server will upgrade to 1.19 this week, with luck sometime tonight or tomorrow provided no issues 🙂

For those on the server this means client side needs to be updated to match and be able to login.

stijnme
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the initiative. My Minecraft username is MilkSjeik

waeel
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the initiative. My Minecraft username is waeel

Things have slowed down a bit, but there are still some active players. Maybe a Discord server would be a good idea to communicate?
Or we can "hijack" the minecraft channel in the Devtoberfest Gaming Night server from last year?

To get you started, the most players have started a base around x: -129, y: 2659.
The only other active players I've encountered are Sehebo and FinnVonF, located at x: 111, y: 1654.
My own base is at x: 435, z: 1764.

That should give you some options of where to when leaving spawn 😉

Feel free to use this thread as well. The server I just upgraded to 1.19.2 and there are a few other active players (I check the logs all the time). My streaming I started again this weekend and will slowly start doing more of.

Just finished a live stream, only died once lol so depressing digging out a whole chunk just to find that the slime chunk might be the one next to you and not the one you were on LOL