Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite coffee?

Former Member

Hi all!

Today I was thinking about traveling and the amazing coffee I had on my last trip way back in 2019. My sister and I traveled from the US to four cities in Europe. We landed in Wroclaw then headed to Budapest from Budapest to Vienna, and Vienna to Prague. It was a whirlwind 10ish days of travel for us and my first time leaving the US. We had a blast and enjoyed great food and coffee along the way. My sister is not a huge coffee person, but she knew between the jet lag and my coffee habit we would have to at least start each day with a coffee.

My standard order is cold brew or iced coffee, something about not needing to wait for it to cool down plus the tons of sugar added. That being said, the best coffee I ever had was probably a cappuccino in Vienna pictured here.

Do you have a favorite caffeinated beverage? Is it something local to where you live? Vienna.jpg

52 REPLIES 52

Former Member

Hi @justyna. Cappuccinos are one of my favorites if I am going out for coffee 🙂  Wishing you the same! 

agalal1
Active Participant

I can't believe in all these comments no one mentioned Turkish coffee! or maybe I missed a comment (I did check with the page search option in chrome 🤓)

barista-pours-freshly-made-turkish-coffee-into-cup-closeup-professional-barista-prepares-coffee-by-hand-traditional-way-sand-selective-focus-space-text.jpg

My favorite is and will always be Turkish coffee! It's completely different from everything else. This is the main traditional coffee in middle east countries.

I moved to France 3 years ago and tried all kinds of "espresso" coffee, cold and hot but nothing compares to Turkish coffee for me.  My favorite is dark Turkish coffee with cardamon

Hello @agalal1, I am from Turkey. I like Turkish coffee. But I don't drink daily. When I have mint chocolate maybe. Ground coffee is relatively easy and fast to prepare. That might be one of the reasons.

True, espresso is the "industrial-age" coffee. We no longer have the time to wait 10 minutes waiting for a Turkish coffee to get well cooked 😁

I actually bought an electric pot a while ago that makes Turkish coffee in 2 minutes, but not as good as the original thing though

This proves again that time is an ingredient, too.

Former Member

@agalal1 - thank you for sharing! Is the cardamom/ flavor what makes it stand out to you or is the entire preparation different from something like an espresso? 

Thanks for sharing! The picture has me wanting another cup of coffee myself. 

Best,
Mariah

The whole process is different, and the flavor is like a different drink from "espresso-related coffee"

Turkish coffee has a heavier texture and the preparation process gives a good feeling, it needs love and patience to be prepared 😁

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

That's the Turkish coffee I've had. But I assume it was a wrong experience -- nothing to be proud of 😖

IMG_2586.jpeg

agalal1
Active Participant

Starbucks serving Turkish coffee! that's new 😀

ChristyQ
Explorer

Vienna - takes me back to my trip in 2012 to Italy.  To sip a dople in the morning before starting the day in Florence is a great memory and the to end the day with wine 🙂 

Italy ranks as one of my best places for espresso. Have not found a favorite spot here in the US from a local spot.  

I hear so much about Turkish coffee , but I am limited on where I am able to try.

Former Member

I have never been to Italy but would love to go and experience that! Yes, I haven't heard of places near me that do Turkish coffee either, but I need to look into it more. I'm located in Pennsylvania. 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Ah, great you mention it @ChristyQ  - I now remember having the best Espresso in Venezia, Italy, too. Thanks for bringing this back into my mind 😊

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

All the coffee lovers in the community – our newest photography competition is live, it's about coffee with a view! I am sure the members who joined this thread discussion do have a picture already: Coffee with a View Photography Competition 2023.

Looking forward to seeing you there!