Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome, glad to see you here!

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are just opening the doors, sweeping the floors and cleaning the windows. We thought it might be nice to bring a familiar area here so everyone can test things out a bit and get a feel for this new area of functionality we've added to the SAP Community. This area is our "Groups" or you might hear us refer to it as "Group Hub" which is the vendor term for it.

This is new functionality, new features for the SAP Community and we'll not be customising it beyond what the platform offers but it already offers a lot so we are excited to try it out and see how things go!

Hope to see a lot of you diving in and stopping by for a little break from the day to day here in our new Coffee Corner!

29 REPLIES 29

Renan_Correa
Active Contributor

It's nice to see some interesting things happening in the community space, in my area the people and content vanished from the community since the change of platform years ago.

I hope now that we can bring some more contributors together, we had a great space in the past and very interesting discussions!

PierreCol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for adding this functionality, let's see how far it will foster Community members engagement!

bhumi_1star
Active Contributor

Hi ,

Can you explain , which kind of discussion were going on,because i have just joined it.

I am feeling some thrilling topics will be covered in discussion.

Please share your thoughts about coffee corner!!!!!

The Coffee Corner has always been our community's off-topic area for conversations. Here, members can chat about all kinds of interests that extend beyond SAP and IT. For example, in our new Coffee Corner so far, we have a discussion about building with LEGO blocks and another about coffee roasting (which seems very apropos for Coffee Corner).

In short, any casual conversations (within reason!) are fair game for Coffee Corner.

Enjoy!

--Jerry

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

mmcisme1
Active Contributor

Why - oh - why must everything change?   😀🤣  It never stops - which is a good thing when you are working with technology.  Otherwise we'd all be out of jobs.

You can eat it here, you can eat it with goat, in a train, everywhere!  Ha.  That's all I can remember without looking about Green Eggs and Ham.  It's a different look and feel here.  It was strange to formally  join.

enric101
Active Contributor

I think this new functionality will be great to get to know our colleagues better.

Congratulations for this initiative

martinstenzig
Contributor

Great to see the additional functionality, but curious as to why I now seem to have an additional "username" and different avatar. 

I agree that the requiring a separate username and avatar is a bit weird. I assume that this requirement will disappear once the Groups functionality comes out of the beta phase.

See the introductory blog post.

joachimrees1
Active Contributor

New Coffe Corner, eh? Ok, I will check it out, seems nice so far!

best
Joachim

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

By the way: The new Coffee Corner loads a lot faster than the old one, so that's pretty cool.

VolkerBarth
Active Participant

FWIW, will the old CC be closed (in the sense of "read only") or removed? I had interpreted Craig's words as the former, but according to Moshe's comment, it seems to be different:

"+++ Update: this area is now closed and will be removed Nov. 3rd. +++"

Yep, @Former Member, we aren't archiving into a read-only forum.

As I responded to you over here@VolkerBarth, the old Coffee Corner will be removed altogether and all Coffee Corner conversations will now occur in this group. 

While I'll miss my old threads, I am happy to see that this Coffee Corner group has breathed new life into the community conversations. Things had gotten pretty quiet over there, whereas this group has been really active. 

--Jerry

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

For completeness: As stated there as answer:

I just have to re-ask that: So contributions like the "APAB Gore" will be removed?

Note: I have not contributed there [in that thread] (and not much anyway), but a lot other folks have, and still I feel it's wrong to remove such pages... feels like there's not any value in the communities discussions for SAP.

YMMV.

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Well, Halloween is just around the corner:

666-views.png

We all deserve this coffee break.

ideepakmathur

JimSpath
Active Contributor

Hey folks, I'm back reconnecting to the community from a new windows 11 laptop, after the usual side challenges getting more life critical apps set up. Also am getting my partner back on their feet after minor self care. 

Today's special Monday morning coffee is "Whole Bean Organic Peruvian Peaks."

Sal
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Here I am trying to find any fellow AEs / bizdev / sales reps ...but no such luck. 

Is there any place in Community Blogs for folks in my part of SAP?

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Over 3 million uses including customers, partners and of course your fellow employees. So they are here 🙂

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor

Hi,

I just rejoined. It was necessary due to the new user I have now.

Cheers,

Martin

0 Kudos

Welcome!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

DiegoDora
Participant

Hi @StephanieMarley 

Thanks for the instructions! Already setup the new profile here, avatar picture changed, and permission request to access the Mentors group 🙂 

Hi Diego, Great to see you in Groups. I expect a fun and productive discussion! Enjoy your day! Stephanie

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

former_member11947
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello,  happy to join it!

former_member11947
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

hi

agalal1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Craig, this looks awesome!

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Craig  for this functionality. Yes, we need a brake in Coffee Corner from Q&A area!

DJ23
Employee
Employee

Hello,  happy to join it!

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Happy to have you here @DJ23 ! Feel free to join in any of the open discussions, pop by on your next coffee break! Or - as always - don't hesitate to start up a discussion of your own!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----