Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not today - Nope - No Way

mmcisme1
Active Contributor

I should do this more often.   As I hit the end of my work day, I am annoyed.     And thinking "I wish I didn't care".   I'm  pulling myself out of that mentality.   I care so I'll make this work darn it......

Not today, nope, no way....   I'm going home happy.  

8 REPLIES 8

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Isn't that the ultimate challenge? Managing how much we care about or jobs and still make the choices and decisions that we may personally not agree with but we know need to be made and still being able to logoff and go home happy?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Everyday I say to myself "I choose to be happy" and "I'd rather be kind than right"

Practicing both is super difficult...some day I hope to master both!

That's a great mantra. I may steal that for myself. 

matt
Active Contributor

Slartibartfast said "I'd far rather be happy than right".
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls down".

manfredKlein
Participant

'...And what do we tell the god of death?' Not today!

That's the proper attitude. Why starting something that You can't finish in reasonable time? If it's 30 mins before estimated end of day and you pick something bigger you either have to go the extra mile, choose something smaller or call it a day, right away.

Don't make your well deserved free time at home sour by unfinished work nagging your sanity.

Problems have normally the custom of not running away. Either they wait for you or if not: so be it.

Enjoy your happy end of day...

matt
Active Contributor

I did some Java coding today. That always makes me happy.

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple ABAP code does make me happy.  It's been too long since I've done something just for fun.

matt
Active Contributor

Debugging makes me unhappy.