cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison b/w CAR with .... BW on HANA vs BW/4HANA

former_member617449
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, My company is exploring to replace POSDM 1.0 running on BW7.5 with CAR. We have two options to go for 1) BW on HANA and 2) BW/4 HANA and perhaps S/4HANA in the long run. My question is, what will be the difference running CAR on these 3 options, especially the first 2 (i.e. CAR with BW on HANA vs CAR with BW/4HANA).

I think it is more depended upon the UX being used like BOBJ, BEx, Embedded Analytics etc. but appreciate confirmation / comments / direction.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member335292
Contributor

Hi Mehdi,

As per my understanding, if you are going ahead with BW /4 HANA then you will have to use the ODP extractors mechanism(using ODQDATA).However if you are planning to use BW on HANA, I believe you can still make use of the conventional Delta Queue mechanism(RSA7).Having said, SAP would still recommend you to use ODP extractor mechanism going forward(the below note was released early this year only).

Also if you are already using or planning to enable any remote access from POSDM/POSDTA, then ODP does not support the Remote version(such as

0RT_PA_TRAN_CON_REM etc).

You can see the below SAP note for more details.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2232584

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Aram.