Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Context Node for Binding from Used Component

GopalNair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to be as clear as I can in this question. So, please excuse the length of the question, and request patient perusal.

I am creating a custom UI Component which displays list of jobs running in the system. To do this, I have defined usage for component : :GS_JOBMONITOR, and successfully embedded the MainView from GS_JOBMONITOR component into the custom component window, and I was able to display the assignment block.

The list of jobs running in the system is stored in JOBS Context node in GS_JOBMONITOR component, as shown in the following screen shot:

My goal is to create a Model Context Node in my custom component, and in the component controller method : WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE, perform context node binding between GS_JOBMONITOR.JOBS context node, and my custom controller context node.  When reviewing the BASE_ENTITY_NAME of JOBS context node, we see that the underlying BOL Entity name is : "JMJob", as seen in following screen shot:

To perform context node binding, we will need the source and target context nodes to be of similar nature. Hence, I tried to create a context node in my custom component controller with the same underlying BOL Entity type, "JMJob". This promptly gives me the following error:

So, the question is, how do I identity the right BOL Entity to use for creating Model Context node in my custom component, so that I can perform context node binding from a used component?

Best Regards,

Gopal Nair.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

The component set ALL doesnt hold the component JOBMON ( In this component JMJob object is there ).  You can check this in SM34  View cluster CRMVC_GIL_APPDEF.

I think this is the reason for that message.

Better you can create a new component set with the required components and add the JOBMON component to that component set or else you try to find an existing component set which holds JOBMON component and also the other components that fits for your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

DP.

GopalNair
Participant
0 Kudos

This Resolved the issue.

I created a new component set, ZGN_ALL (copied from ALL, and added JOBMON) and then used it in model.

Thank you everyone for the brainstorming and resolution!

Best Regards,

Gopal Nair.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

You can use component set "JOBMON" also. JOBMON is component set for component JOBMON and we can find context node JMJob there under genil_model_browser.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

if you are facing prob in your custom component for context node then try with

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3233424

Regards,

GopalNair
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Harish. I already added "ALL", but still continue to have the issue.

Best Regards,

Gopal Nair.

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this component in model JOBMON is added . have you checked with that one ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Add 'JOBMON' to your model in custom component runtime repository, so that you can create context node with Bol entity 'JMJOB'.

Thanks & Regards

Chiru

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add JOBMON to the model and then reopen your component then you you will be able to add JMJob.

\

Thanks

Kumar.

GopalNair
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I tried with JOBMON too. The issue still persist.

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after adding JOBMON then save runtime repository .just close the transaction and reopen bsp_wd_cmpwb then add your required context node

i checked m able to add JMjob (find it by f4 help given in base entity as JM* then it will show you JMjob then select it) .

Let us know if it works or not.

hope it will work for you .

Regards,

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should work .

After adding it to Models check in BOL Model Browser Tab under root objects, it should be there .Otherwise reopen your component and check again. Once its available there you will be able to add it.

Thanks

Kumar

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Add 'ALL'  to your Model in your custom component under runtime repository then you will be able to add the same.

Right clivk on models and add 'ALL'.

Thanks

Kumar.

GopalNair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have already added ALL to model, but still am getting the error:

Any other thoughts on what might be the reason?