Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define KUT field "RegionCode" in C4C

former_member226
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the usage of "Global Data Type" --> "Country/Region Code" in C4C while creating a new KUT Field.

new-kut-field.png

When I save the field and add it to the UI then I always see Country as the dropdown value but not the region. I also tried to edit the field and there I see "Global Data Type" as CountryCode.

edit-kut-field.png

So my question is, how can I add RegionCode in a similar pattern using KUT? Is it possible to add a KUT field with Global Data Type with RegionCode as the codelist? As the name of global data type says, "Country/Region code" therefore I assume it should be possible, Isn't it? If so then how?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Here is the response from SAP support:

The Development Team informed that it is current sytem behavior that when creating a KUT Field Global Data Type (GDT) and selecting "Country/Region Code" it only appears Country as the dropdown value. Only country code is offered under global data types. Region code is not offered.

For compliance reasons they called the field "Country/Region Code", but it is intended to display only country.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

In the documentation in paragraph 3.1 only one line on this (new) extension type field is mentioned.

https://help.sap.com/doc/82be840a106e4dcfbbb20940d471b1a6/CLOUD/en-US/ExtensionGuide.pdf

It is mentioned that you have to make a setting "Select a value from the sub-type"

I created an extension field in several context and checked if a "sub type" (e.g. region), could be selected somewhere in the field definition based on this extension field type. But i could not. Some additional documentation is needed here!

Kr.

MJ

former_member226
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi MJ,

Yeah I saw that unfortunately it dint help me so thought of asking some experts here. But thank for checking and confirming the same.