Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C: How to create dropdown list using value list of bussiness attribute

siwei_yang
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP expert,

we would like to create an embedded component, where a dropdownlist is placed.

The value list of this dropdownlist should be same as that of a certain bussiness attribute .

Assuming, This busines attribute is called X. The X can take value 1 , 2 , 3, 4, ... 10. These values have been already maintained under path Administrator -> General Setting -> Maintain Attributes.

Now my question is how to put all of those values in the dropdownlist , OR how to bind the value list of the dropdownlist with the value list of the given business attribute X.

Best wishes

Peter

View Entire Topic
PeterK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

This will be not possible out of the box. I am not sure about the exactly requirement but i would try the following approach.

I do not think that it is possible to create a dropdown list box for this requirement. But an ObjectValueSelector Field should be possible.

These are the steps how this could be done:

1. Have a look at the OVS for MarketingAttributes. /BYD_COD/SalesOnDemand/Marketing/MarketingAttributes/COD_MarketingAttribute_SOVS.OVS.uicomponent

2. Rebuild this component in your custom solution

2a. Check this video here https://youtu.be/iHG5PI5ZI5U it shows how to create an OVS. Instead of a custom BO you should be able to choose the BusinessAttribute BO....

3. Create an OVS field in your EC where you would like to choose the BusinessAttribute Values ( Video to create an OVS field https://youtu.be/o2Z25OyVAqQ )

3a. Use Context Specifix Parameters to pre select the BusinessAttribute so that only the values will appear. The struggle will be to get the value to the OVSValueSelectorOutPort. But it should be possible.

4. Embed your EC in the desired UI-Screen

I am not completly sure if this will work, but this would be my first approach.

Best regards

Peter 😉

siwei_yang
Participant

Hi Peter,

thank you a lot.

I have rebuilt the COD_MarketingAttributeValues_SOVS.OVS.uicomponent, to make value help , and it works.

Best wishes

Peter