Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Data Retrieval in supported assignment blocks for CRM 7.0 EHP1

Azam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Where can I find the "Data Retrieval Parameters" area in assignment blocks that support "Configurable Data Retrieval"? I couldn't find it via WebUI or the Component Workbench, and am wondering whether there are any prerequisites which are not mentioned in the documentation.

I have a problem with the Opportunities assignment block in the Account Overview where only opportunities in the current year is displayed. I debugged the Opportunities assignment block and discovered that the selection parameters are somehow restricted to the current year by default.

I found some help in this thread: , which led me to the [Configurable Data Retrieval|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/EN/9c/6203fcc9a44ef0b91764ef7edca003/frameset.htm] feature. I can confirm that the system I'm working in has the necessary components installed as mentioned in the [UI Framework Documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/EN/AF/D4253B07934481B3C7F1FF5C407AC8/frameset.htm].

View Entire Topic
former_member214667
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can see these parameters for opportunities in the UI configuration of the following view :

BP_BPBT/AccountOpportunitiesOV

Best Regards,

Shiromani

Azam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiromani,

I've already looked in the Configuration tab for the BP_BPBT/AccountOpportunitiesOV view, but I only see the General Table Settings area to configure paging/scrolling and to hide/display fields. I don't see a Data Retrieval Parameters area to define which data records are selected and displayed.

Could you please describe what it looks like, or where it is located relative to the General Table Settings area, or how I can navigate to it?

former_member214667
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

Just wondering if you scrolled to the bottom of the configuration. I saw those parameters at the bottom.

Regards,

Shiromani

Azam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiromani,

Yes, so this confirms that it's missing in both systems that I've checked. Thanks! Do you know what might cause that to happen, and/or how to make it appear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you run the report BSP_DLC_CONF_DAT_RETRIEV_USAGE - it shows which all views should have this parameter - it also shows switch status. For me - it shows HIDE. Proabably this is the reason this field is not visible in the view.

Domain BSP_DLC_ATRS_SWITCH_STATE - shows values possible for the switch. They are:

D Display

H Hide

I Switch Independant

I am guessing that it should be enabled through switch then only this feature would be enabled.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Rohit

Azam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I've already run the report and it showed Hide for me, too. Although I didn't realize it was a switch, as I thought it was just a value since I couldn't use input help on it. Thanks for pointing that out! Now if only it mentioned where to flip the switch...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is because of switch then you need to active the switch. This is part of new switch framework by SAP wherein you need not wait for the next release to get a new business function.

You need to contact your basis team and it will involve some cost as well I guess as you are buying a new business function.

Transaction SWF5 is used to switch on business functions. Please go through SFW5 and click the "documentation" button next to the functions, this will open a browser window explaining what this function is about.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Rohit

Azam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Yes, I'm fully aware of the Switch Framework. However, the documentation for this particular business function specifically stated that it doesn't need to be activated for it to be available. Sadly, it doesn't work even after I activated the business function (and its prerequisite).

Anyway, I'm giving up on this approach. Solved my problem with a simpler solution. Thanks again to all who helped out. Marking this thread as answered.

kishorekumar_p
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Activating the switch 'CRM_BP_SFWS_ATTRIBUTE_SETS' should solve this issue. I've tested the same and it works after activating this switch.

PS: I understand this is very old post & you have managed to achieve the solution with different approach. I believe this information will be useful for other user.

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.